Did anyone get any new notices of Network Optimization?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Previously, I posted here regarding the Network Optimization notice that Verizon printed last month.

My post is here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ne-then-downgrade-basic-phone-loophole-5.html

The notice Verizon printed looked like this:

vzwopt.png

Last month, I had one account that had no lines under contract and didn't receive the notice.
However, I did receive the notice on another account that had a line out of contract.

Now, all my lines for all accounts are under contract. I didn't receive any Network Optimization notice on either bill this month.

Did anyone see any Network Optimization notice on their bill this month?

October 1st is fast approaching.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Same for me. I had a line out of contract and got the notice in August. Put the line under contract and did not get the notice in September.

Are they only putting in the announcement once? Did anyone still out of contract get out on September?

Last edited:

xiwong

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I got the notification last month. Both my udp lines are under contract and one uses more than 4.7gb. This month, however, no notification. Maybe it was just a one time notice.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Similarly, I was off contract in August and got the notification. I went on contract, and didn't get the notification in September

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I have not got the notice that I've seen. Just checked my current bill and it's not there. I have one line off contract and UDP However, I don't use much data at all, usually less than or close to 1 GB

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty sure they sent it out in August because of the 60 day notice in your customer agreement:

CAN VERIZON WIRELESS CHANGE THIS AGREEMENT OR MY SERVICE?

We may change prices or any other term of your Service or this agreement at any time,but we'll provide notice first, including written notice if you have Postpay Service. If you use your Service after the change takes effect, that means you're accepting the change. If you're a Postpay customer and a change to your Plan or this agreement has a material adverse effect on you, you can cancel the line of Service that has been affected within 60 days of receiving the notice with no early termination fee if we fail to negate the change after you notify us of your objection to it.

Sadly they're not changing it.. You still get unlimited.. They didn't guarantee speed.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Throttling is a materially adverse change, there is no doubt about it. That is why they are only doing it to those who are off contract.

Well we have different opinions and that's okay :). I used to argue the same thing back when another carrier did it.. And they never let one person out of contract.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
These things aren't matters of opinion, they are matters of contract law.

They never let anyone you know out of contract. How many executives, lawyers, doctors do you know?

I agree some 20 something or uneducated person isn't going to understand enough about contracts to make a credible case and will be blown off by a carrier. Well, not everyone is a 20 something and/or uneducated.

Well you don't know who I know or what I know so please don't toss insults...

Again you can have your opinion and I'll have mine :). Many tried that argument.. Not one person got through with it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Again, not an opinion - matter of contract law and you aren't educated on that topic.

That you know. Doesn't surprise me at all.

Contract law that never passed with the other carriers. And yes that I know.. I don't know everyone just as you don't.. But people I know and myself couldn't get that argument past them.. Since they never guaranteed the speed of the data once :). Again you don't know my education so please stop tossing unnecessary insults.

You can have your opinion on the matter.. But the contract never guaranteed you speed.. Ever. If you can show me they did I'll gladly agree I am completely wrong.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
MarcoDiamond- welcome to the forums. I see that you are a new member so I will give you a break but please take this opportunity to review the forum guidelines linked to in my signature. It is fine to discuss things, but keep it professional.

I see that you are helpful, and I would hope that you can abide by the rules, unlike some other helpful people in the past who just couldn't seem to abide by the rules, and are unfortunately no longer with us. I don't want that to happen to you.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk