[Instruction] How to sign up for a new Verizon account with a Nationwide Talk & Text plan.

JoshGlzBrk

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So I haven't seen anyone else ever detail this method before so I assume no one else has ever figured out you can do this.

According to Verizon's own FAQ page on the Nationwide plans, they state:

Can I upgrade my plan temporarily and then switch back to my current Family SharePlan?

Yes, you can change the minutes, messaging and data allowances for your current Family SharePlan. However you won’t be able to switch to an entirely different plan (e.g., The MORE Everything Plan) and then switch back to any Nationwide plan (e.g., Family SharePlan) because Nationwide plans have been discontinued. You can change your minutes, messaging and data allowances a maximum of 2 times per month.

Meaning, if you ever change to a More Everything plan from a Nationwide plan, there is no going back. There also is no way to create a new account with the nationwide plans at least on the main Verizon website. They do however allow you to switch between individual and family nationwide plans so as long as you have one kind, you can always switch to the other.

There is however a way to do it on the Iconic Portal but it takes a little editing with your browser's developer tools. For this tutorial I will be using Google Chrome.

1. Visit http://preorder.verizonwireless.com

2. Choose new customer and put in your zip code.
y56hshW.png

3. Select individual customer and continue.
Jwo9Ig9.png

4. Choose the phone that you want and hit Select.

5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit continue.

6. It will ask you if you want to add more devices, unfortunately this trick only works for one phone. You will have the option to change your Individual nationwide plan into a Nationwide family plan once you have your account setup and customer service should be able to do it easily. So hit No.

7. Now this is where the developer tools come in. You will be presented with this window:
MnXpiRr.png

8. Do not select any of the More Everything data plan options. Instead we will be focusing on the checkbox that says "Share Voice & Data". The checkbox is in a disabled state, so we need to fix that. Right click the text and hit "Inspect Element".

j6H5bx1.png

9. This will being up the Chrome Developer Tools window.

yJXLScX.png

10. You're looking for the checkbox html element which I have selected on the screenshot above. Double click where it says: disabled="disabled" and erase the text and then click another element on the developer tools window.

PSpCgG4.png

lv8FkBm.png

11. The checkbox will now be enabled and you can exit out of the developer tools.

12. Now uncheck the checkbox and hit continue.

PmwIekw.png

13. You will now be able to select a Nationwide Individual plan. Choose a voice plan or a voice & text combo plan and hit continue.

uJ1qZoI.png

14. You will now be able to select your insurance option and your tiered data plan option.

j2bSUAY.png

15. Choose any accessories if you want them and hit continue. Fill out the number porting form, or if you want a new number choose that option and then hit checkout.

16. Now you're at checkout with a brand new nationwide account and you can continue the checkout process.

DDlvFEu.png

Hacked2Death

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Just signed up to make this post.

While I appreciate all I have read here through the years including this post, I have to say I think this method is crossing the line. I wouldn’t go through with this method to add a line.

I see a world of difference between merely selecting something Apple is offering you and changing the HTML elements to get an option Verizon doesn’t offer any more.

I am sure many of your thoughts wandered exactly to where mine wandered after I read this. I looked at the code on the subsequent pages and in case you were wondering, the answer is yes, yes you can if you know what you’re doing. I don’t know if it would process if you tried to complete the order but you could at least get it in your cart.

However I would not do it. I am not going to give anyone a tutorial on how to do it either so don’t bother PM’ing me. In fact, I would get rid of this thread if I were the site moderator.

Back to lurking I go . . . . . .

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I see a world of difference between merely selecting something Apple is offering you and changing the HTML elements to get an option Verizon doesn’t offer any more.

I wouldn't doubt that Verizon would view this method as a ToS violation and refuse to honor the plan...assuming they have cause to look at the account of anyone that does this, at least. The OP doesn't say if they actually went through with this and are using the plan.

the answer is yes, yes you can if you know what you’re doing.

Like the nationwide plan selection, they would probably also consider this a ToS violation and promptly revert upon notice.

The tricks we have discussed at length in other threads don't involve changing programs and options VZW and authorized retailers have put together; this does. That, I think, puts this method apart from the other methods discussed at length here in how VZW will react to it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I I would probably agree that this might a violation of the terms of service but so is rooting or finding methods to bypass the mobile hotspot subscription check. Also, Verizon's written policy doesn't allow you to get a subsidized upgrade and keep unlimited data. There are loopholes obviously, but these items would fall into a similar category.

As for this method changing the standard program, one could argue using a third party app to get hotspot would be changing the program. Or Verizon's procedures clearly state for you to activate the device by turning it on. There are methods of keeping unlimited that circumvent this procedure.

But nevertheless, the community guidelines do not prohibit using loopholes which may potentially violate the terms of service, only illegal activities, and as far as I can tell, this is not illegal.

Now Verizon may revert you to tiered data, that is a risk. Some have pointed out potential audits that would remove unlimited data for those who got it in a manner not approved by Verizon , but so far even those who got onto unlimited using loophole back in 2012 still have unlimited.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

JoshGlzBrk

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Just signed up to make this post.

While I appreciate all I have read here through the years including this post, I have to say I think this method is crossing the line. I wouldn’t go through with this method to add a line.

I am sure many of your thoughts wandered exactly to where mine wandered after I read this. I looked at the code on the subsequent pages and in case you were wondering, the answer is yes, yes you can if you know what you’re doing. I don’t know if it would process if you tried to complete the order but you could at least get it in your cart.

However I would not do it. I am not going to give anyone a tutorial on how to do it either so don’t bother PM’ing me. In fact, I would get rid of this thread if I were the site moderator.

Back to lurking I go . . . . . .

I'm going to assume you mean how to possibly get unlimited data onto a line that doesn't already have it? I'm quite sure it's possible, but I'm not going to detail it either.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674