VoLTE only phones.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Now that the iPhone 6 and 6s are capable of making all their calls on VoLTE are we closer to be able to use unlocked phones on Verizon?

I think it would be great to be able to pick a VoLTE phone with bands 4 and 13 and use it on Verizon. This could potentially allow us access to many more great android phones.

I think it would be like activating a Nexus 7. Verizon would not activate it but it would work if you had an active sim card.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Imo, Verizon's network isn't there yet. There are still times when I drop to 3g.so if I had a volte only phone then I would have no service there.

But to answer your question, yes I do believe we closer but really Verizon already gets all the major devices. Other than the nexus phone, I don't really see any other device that would really make a difference, to me

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I agree the network is not ready for it. The network will take a couple more years. I did drive down the East Coast to Florida this summer. I was actually surprised how much of it was 4g. This was of course on the the i95 corridor. So you expect the network to be better there. My son watched Netflix on a tablet over my phones hotspot. It never stopped playing.

I personally like devices with unlocked bootloaders. Verizon really is that friendly to that. I would not mind having two phones and swapping sim depending on where I am.

Over on the MacRumors Forums they say the tmobile and AT&T iphone 6s are all working on Verizon. That is on CDMA and Band 4 and band 13 LTE.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree the network is not ready for it. The network will take a couple more years. I did drive down the East Coast to Florida this summer. I was actually surprised how much of it was 4g. This was of course on the the i95 corridor. So you expect the network to be better there. My son watched Netflix on a tablet over my phones hotspot. It never stopped playing.

I personally like devices with unlocked bootloaders. Verizon really is that friendly to that. I would not mind having two phones and swapping sim depending on where I am.

Over on the MacRumors Forums they say the tmobile and AT&T iphone 6s are all working on Verizon. That is on CDMA and Band 4 and band 13 LTE.

Hardware wise they are identical, it is more of whether or not Verizon will allow them on its network. And it could also be pressure from apple.

Fwiw, the recent iPads can be used interchangeably across carriers. So apple could be pushing for similar uniformity.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie