FYI: Some Asurion Claims Must be Made within 60 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
If anyone remembers me I had a Moto X and it broke back in early April, instead of getting it replaced by another one, I have been using my Droid Razr M for the past 5 months. What I didn't know is that Asurion has a 60 day replacement time window. So if I try to get a replacement after 60 days, I can't get one so I am literally stuck on my old Razr M until SEPTEMBER 2015! So, right now I am scouring the web to get a new phone from craigslist or something because of several things, my Razr M has rebooted 2 to 3 times in the past week, audio quality on phone calls is awful, no one can hear correctly and the phone has scratches and dings all over it besides the screen.

So far, the only logical thing I can do is get an iPhone with Apple Care so I can replace my phone in store with no delay next time so I don't have to depend on Verizon or Asurion next time. I can't begin to tell anyone here how frustrated I am with this whole mess. My phone is my life right now because I am a college student and all I do is mess with productivity apps all day to keep my things in order, but right now with my phone audio sucking big time I need a new phone. This is not a good way to start my day.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Well how broke is the phone? If it's still somehow usable just put it back on the line for a day or 2 and then you can make a claim. Or why not just make a claim on your Razr M? If they don't have any, they have to give you a comparable phone. In the meantime, try using a headset with your phone and seeing if that helps the audio quality. Verizon and Asurion have never given me any trouble, I've always had good experiences. You do have to do things in a timely manner though, just like with any insurance. Hope that helps.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
What is wrong with the X. Will it boot? Put it back on the line and it will be covered.

That is the thing, the X is broken it does not work and there is no point in doing that since there is a 60 day limit after the incident that you can file a claim.

Posted via the Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Well how broke is the phone? If it's still somehow usable just put it back on the line for a day or 2 and then you can make a claim. Or why not just make a claim on your Razr M? If they don't have any, they have to give you a comparable phone. In the meantime, try using a headset with your phone and seeing if that helps the audio quality. Verizon and Asurion have never given me any trouble, I've always had good experiences. You do have to do things in a timely manner though, just like with any insurance. Hope that helps.

I didn't have the money at the time, I was not aware of any time limit for for insurance claims beforehand. Either way I am stuck.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That is the thing, the X is broken it does not work and there is no point in doing that since there is a 60 day limit after the incident that you can file a claim.

There's a limit yeah, but if you put it back on the line and then just make up a date within 60 days it works. What about filing a claim on the Razr though? You can't do that?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
There's a limit yeah, but if you put it back on the line and then just make up a date within 60 days it works. What about filing a claim on the Razr though? You can't do that?

Yeah, I am not putting the X on the line as I cant be without a phone right now. I don't want the Razr M, it is too old. I wouldn't waste a claim on a device that performs the same.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I am not putting the X on the line as I cant be without a phone right now. I don't want the Razr M, it is too old. I wouldn't waste a claim on a device that performs the same.

Have you checked to see if they even have the M available? If they don't, you can likely get something newer. Other than that, yeah I guess you're stuck if you're unwilling to even get another working Razr M. Best of luck to you.

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
If anyone remembers me I had a Moto X and it broke back in early April, instead of getting it replaced by another one, I have been using my Droid Razr M for the past 5 months. What I didn't know is that Asurion has a 60 day replacement time window. So if I try to get a replacement after 60 days, I can't get one so I am literally stuck on my old Razr M until SEPTEMBER 2015! So, right now I am scouring the web to get a new phone from craigslist or something because of several things, my Razr M has rebooted 2 to 3 times in the past week, audio quality on phone calls is awful, no one can hear correctly and the phone has scratches and dings all over it besides the screen.

So far, the only logical thing I can do is get an iPhone with Apple Care so I can replace my phone in store with no delay next time so I don't have to depend on Verizon or Asurion next time. I can't begin to tell anyone here how frustrated I am with this whole mess. My phone is my life right now because I am a college student and all I do is mess with productivity apps all day to keep my things in order, but right now with my phone audio sucking big time I need a new phone. This is not a good way to start my day.
You can check out swappa.com. I've bought from that website plenty of times, and even sold there. Killer deals.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, it sounds like you hate everything lol. All the solutions have been pretty good and they're pretty much your only options aside from paying full retail.

Sent from my XPS 12-9Q33 using Tapatalk

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have been shopping around on Craigslist and found a Z10 for $100-$200 in new and excellent conditions, may go for it. For now I have to live with this, as I have to go back to my college campus tomorrow.

I am so mad at Verizon right now. But I can't do anything but wait now. :-(

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has nothing to do with assurion policy, they just sell you the insurance. I've made a claim before and it's stated you have a limited time to complete the claim, unfortunately you must have missed that part.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
We understand how important it is to stay connected to your world. We're similar to most insurance companies, where there is a certain amount of time allowed to file a claim. Many of our policies specify that you must file a claim within 60 days of the loss. Unfortunately, if you are outside of those parameters, we are unable to process the claim.

We'd be happy to review the details of your policy to see if there are any special circumstances or other options available to assist you. If you'd like to explore this option, please email your name, mobile# and carrier name to socialmediateam@asurion.com.

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team
@AsurionCares
Welcome to Phoneclaim.com

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am shocked you just let it stay broken... I'd be making a claim on day 1 to get it fixed :).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Although unfortunate, I think that it is a good lesson to all - to thoroughly read contracts before signing them.

It sounds like you have issues with the razr m too, that should be covered under warranty or extended warranty, though I don't know how bad the dings on the body is - you might buy a doner razr m with a cracked screen or otherwise not working but with a good body to replace the body and send it in for warranty or extended warranty. Both have no deductible.

Ac+ has its merits, but keep in mind it has limitations too - it doesn't cover loss or theft like asurion and the coverage is for the device whose serial number was used only (or its replacements under ac+). With asurion, the device would be covered, so long as the device is active on the line at time of peril.

As with any insurance /warranty, get what works best for you. But just beware of the limitations.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, did you respond to asurion above?

Nope, not going to. I already decided to get a new phone, and I am not the primary account holder so I probably couldn't do anything anyways. So that is that. I guest it is my fault but I honestly didn't know there was a time limit, guess I'll just keep it moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol