transfer upgrade from line 1 to line 2, can I cancel line two in two months?

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I have 4 lines:

Line 1: unlimited data, upgrade available
Line 2: basic phone, contract ends 12/31/2014
Line 3: basic phone, contract ends 5/20/2015
Line 4: basic phone, contract ends 4/30/2016

If I transfer Line 1's upgrade to Line 2 and purchase a new smartphone at subsidized pricing, Line 1 will have a new 2-year contract added to it. Line 2's original contract end date of 12/31/2014 will remain. I will have to keep $30 data plan on Line 2 even if I put the basic phone back on there.

However, I'd like to know what will happen if I cancel Line 2 completely in January? By then, it will not be under a contract, so I won't have to pay ETF. What about the $30 data that I agreed to keep for 24 months on that line?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have 4 lines:

Line 1: unlimited data, upgrade available
Line 2: basic phone, contract ends 12/31/2014
Line 3: basic phone, contract ends 5/20/2015
Line 4: basic phone, contract ends 4/30/2016

If I transfer Line 1's upgrade to Line 2 and purchase a new smartphone at subsidized pricing, Line 1 will have a new 2-year contract added to it. Line 2's original contract end date of 12/31/2014 will remain. I will have to keep $30 data plan on Line 2 even if I put the basic phone back on there.

However, I'd like to know what will happen if I cancel Line 2 completely in January? By then, it will not be under a contract, so I won't have to pay ETF. What about the $30 data that I agreed to keep for 24 months on that line?

Thanks!
You should not have a problem canceling the line. You are agreeing to put data on your unlimited line for 2 years.

If you follow the keep unlimited data threads you will be able to avoid the data on the basic phone for the month. Something like the flying arrow method would work for you.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
You should not have a problem canceling the line. You are agreeing to put data on your unlimited line for 2 years.

If you follow the keep unlimited data threads you will be able to avoid the data on the basic phone for the month. Something like the flying arrow method would work for you.

doesn't that make it worse? my unlimited data line is $29.99 per month. the 24-month data that they now require is $30.00 or more, which means the $29.99 unlimited data does not meet that requirement. :(

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
People have still been transferring their unlimited upgrades after August 24th. Everyone I have read has transferred it to a line that was already on tiered data.

I think you should be good to go but don't know for sure.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
People have still been transferring their unlimited upgrades after August 24th. Everyone I have read has transferred it to a line that was already on tiered data.

I think you should be good to go but don't know for sure.

Verizon corporate store manager just told me this morning that if I transfer upgrade from the UDP line, it will need to go on the $30 2Gb data line. (which means loss of UDP)

James Rogers2

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Verizon corporate store manager just told me this morning that if I transfer upgrade from the UDP line, it will need to go on the $30 2Gb data line. (which means loss of UDP)
They always say that. They told me the same thing last year but I did it online and still have unlimited data.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

That is why you don't talk to a corporate store manager. You do the transfer online and get the phone shipped.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary