Big brother Verizon is tracking your intrenet activity!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe awhile ago Verizon had an option where you could opt in for things like this. This may be a result of that?

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
It is called Verizon Rewards. Verizon is just a little player in this arena. You think those ads you see on your browser are just by chance. Think again. Research college on day, college related ads showed for days. Google shoes and coats and just wait for the ads. And how about Facebook. Lot of different ways to do the tracking. You give up most of your privacy when you sign on. Some day when you have a little time, research yourself on the internet. :cool:

norwega

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I've never signed up for the rewards because I was concerned about this. Does it help to not sign up/agree for things like this?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've never signed up for the rewards because I was concerned about this. Does it help to not sign up/agree for things like this?

Even if it does help to not sign up for these things, the effect would be so miniscule that you wouldn't know it. You're already tracked just like BlueBlazer60 said via other popular sites and Google themselves.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01