XLTE? Any difference?

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So how can I tell if I have an XLTE signal? I've got a GS5, but honestly I haven't noticed any difference in the data speeds that I'm getting. Is there a way to tell if I'm LTE or XLTE? The indicator on my status bar hasn't changed.

I'm in the Houston area.

Thanks,
WB

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So how can I tell if I have an XLTE signal? I've got a GS5, but honestly I haven't noticed any difference in the data speeds that I'm getting. Is there a way to tell if I'm LTE or XLTE? The indicator on my status bar hasn't changed.

I'm in the Houston area.

Thanks,
WB
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-verizon-galaxy-s5-taking-advantage-xlte.html

The phone does contain a hidden menu that will show you what band you are currently connected to. You would probably have to root the phone to access it.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, there is no new indicator for the XLTE network.

If XLTE is in your area, you should notice a little better network speed and reliability.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Maybe not today. I'm only getting 2.2 down and 0.93 up with a 4G icon showing. That's much less than my usual around 15 down and 5 up.

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
When I went from the S3 to S5, I noticed better data speeds (less buffering when streaming videos), especially when using congested towers. I haven't done speed tests to confirm that, but XLTE has produced an improvement for me.

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
From the Google play store

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-02-19-00-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-02-19-00-32.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 55

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As oraix said if it tells you that your on band 4 your on XLTE! Other way to tell is if your getting crazy fast speeds on Speedtest

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After lollipop update on the Verizon GS5 I've noticed that LTE Discovery isn't recognizing any of the bands. Anyone else having this issue?