So, do they keep the data plan on dumphone line upgrades still?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
That went through, right? If I upgraded to a smartphone on a dumbphone line, and transferred it to your UDP line-which is what I did to get my Note 2, but now apparently if you do that the original line keeps a data plan though, right?

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
That went through, right? If I upgraded to a smartphone on a dumbphone line, and transferred it to your UDP line-which is what I did to get my Note 2, but now apparently if you do that the original line keeps a data plan though, right?
You are correct. If you are able to order a phone from a third party and never activate it on the dumb-phone line it will not activate the data.

I did this with a iphone 6 ordered from apple.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk.

James Rogers2

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I was actually able to upgrade a basic line through Verizon to get my note 4. I never activated it on the basic line and so far no data charges.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Huh. See, that was a loophole I was more than happy with. Stay on top of that, if it turns out they decided not to keep the data plan on a dumphone line even when you move the smartphone, I may just hold out till next year when my mom's line is up again and get a 4 or 5 if its out then.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I was actually able to upgrade a basic line through Verizon to get my note 4. I never activated it on the basic line and so far no data charges.
That is good news. I knew it worked from third parties. I was not sure about from Verizon. Did you order it online?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That is good news. I knew it worked from third parties. I was not sure about from Verizon. Did you order it online?

Yes it does work direct from Verizon. I did it for my note 4 online. It can be done in store but good luck finding a rep who will do it

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

curlyqlink

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes it does work direct from Verizon. I did it for my note 4 online. It can be done in store but good luck finding a rep who will do it

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Hi,
How will it work if you want a phone that has a Nano SIM and your current phone has a Micro SIM?

curlyqlink

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
1. Cut the sim down to nano size.

Or

2. Get a nano sim and a micro adapter and activate it on your line before you get the new phone.

I have a nano sim on the way. Is it as simple as putting the nano sim and adapter into the phone, or will it need to be activated online?

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have a nano sim on the way. Is it as simple as putting the nano sim and adapter into the phone, or will it need to be activated online?
Is it attached to your account yet? Once it is attached to your account you should just have to put it into your phone.

curlyqlink

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I received the nano and put it an a micro adapter and installed it to the RAZR Maxx, and it activated just fine. Receiving calls/texts, no problem. Is it safe to say I can order the droid turbo on the dumb line and just use the new nano sim?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781