Note 4 and xlte?

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
The Note 4 has access to "XLTE." It does not look like Verizon enabled VoLTE yet in the Note 4. It should be coming soon.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Once Verizon enables volte on the note 4, it would be able to do volte over xlte.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Does the note 4 have it I am curious and be able to do volte?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I don't know if your Note 4 has the same options as the Sony Z3 to enable/disable VOLTE? If it is there? Your Note 4 is VOLTE ready. For the Z3 the VOLTE ON/OFF toggle is in the call settings . I'm thinking there should be one on your Note 4
because not everywhere has VOLTE deployed.
Also, I must add VOLTE combined with simultaneous voice and data is purely godsend. Data connection is still super fast while talking in HD welcome to the future . Not like when it was with regular 4G.

bb74e30f5cf5bee8cb927524b6882b4d.jpg

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 via the Coconut Wireless

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if your Note 4 has the same options and the Sony Z3 to enable/disable VOLTE? But there is one in the call settings for the Z3. I'm thinking there should be one on your Note 4
because not everywhere have VOLTE deployed. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/17/bb74e30f5cf5bee8cb927524b6882b4d.jpg

Verizon doesn't offer VOLTE yet but will it be able to get it once Verizon offers it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Verizon doesn't offer VOLTE yet but will it be able to get it once Verizon offers it

So your Note 4 is ready out of the box?
I remember reading only the GS5 and another device was VOLTE ready via upgrade.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
So your Note 4 is ready out of the box?
I remember reading only the Note 3 and another device was VOLTE ready via upgrade.

Idk ? Verizon isn't doing it yet and I'm asking will it be lol

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Yes, Verizon launched nation wide VOLTE (advance calling) 1.0 in September. But at the time only 2 phones support it. Actually, it was the S5 and the LG G2. Now however, the iPhone 6 and 6 plus are VOLTE ready.
Since VOLTE is live. I would check to see if you have an option to enable/disable VOLTE? If you have it? Your device should be VOLTE ready

Last edited:

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Also, I am reading you have to activate VOLTE in your my Verizon account. Look on the right side of the picture there is a link to add hd calling

Link to add Advance calling
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com/support/advanced-calling/&token=x1GNAzuz

f5e7267df2356a84d9e1732d074635db.jpg

Also found this on the faq page.
5a0f86208c57e43569c6a36796d63f73.jpg

Here a link to advance calling 1.0 faq

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/advanced-calling-faqs/&token=cb_lWWDZ

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Closingracer,
Another question is will Verizon charge VOLTE towards your data plan? If you don't have an UDP? How fast will you use it up if you have a tiered plan. The current estimate is 6-8MB a minute. Say with the latter that's about 1 GB per 120 minutes of calling per month.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Closingracer,
Another question is will Verizon charge VOLTE towards your data plan? If you don't have an UDP? How fast will you use it up if you have a tiered plan. The current estimate is 6-8MB a minute. Say with the latter that's about 1 GB per 120 minutes of calling per month.

At most I used 6gb and that's with me purposly doing everthing other the purposely watching movies on data

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Closingracer,

Verizon has stated that VoLTE will go against your minutes.