Verizon to end allowing unlimited AoL on 11/13/14?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I read that Verizon will stop allowing unlimited data AoL starting 11-13?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon to end allowing unlimited AoL?

It's credible. I know what people say about believing all VZW reps, but it was confirmed by someone in the AOL department.

It actually goes further in that all future AOLs will be required to adopt a current pricing plan when they take over the line, though I don't know if they would disallow adding a line to an existing Grandfathered Nationwide Family Share plan.

It is also discussed here:

Verizon Unlimited Data Plans No Longer Transferrable effective November 13 – RV Mobile Internet Resource Center

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

HOLY SH%# !!
Someone get a hold of Tom Wheeler

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I am not surprised. They don't want people to sell the plans and make money.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Even more of a reason to hate iphones

Posted via the Android Central App

I disagree. If consumers could easily find out about the "Apple Glitch" then a Verizon employee could have and they could have worked with Apple to stop it really fast ... If they really cared.

Verizon has been trying to kill unlimited data .. they tried to throttle and that got hit with some negative response so ... Now they just won't allow people to AOL a line -- That way the people that have it now are the only ones until they give it up .. and giving it up means they can't pass it a long to someone either for free or for making a profit.

We all knew something like this would be coming from Verizon .. they want unlimited gone... 100%.

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Thousands or more customers got their hands on a free unlimited data line. Damn!!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I hope so. Anyone do an aol on 11/13/14 or later yet?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I believe they are just trying to scare us just like when they were going to throttle us.

I doubt it. Throttle was going to go through if the FCC didn't get involved.. They just didn't want to go down that road.. So they probably figured next best thing.. You have to keep it and can't give it away.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I doubt it. Throttle was going to go through if the FCC didn't get involved.. They just didn't want to go down that road.. So they probably figured next best thing.. You have to keep it and can't give it away.
And it should reduce the number of people taking advantage of the Apple new unlimited line loophole as many of them are looking to sell the line and the phone.

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I called in to cancel my unlimited line and switch my second line to the 2gb loyalty plan, the rep confirmed that this is true.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze