Leaving Verizon for TMoble to come back to Verizon with a Nexus 6?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't normally get phone envy and have been quite happy with my Unlocked Moto X Developer Edition on Verizon. However, the thought of another Nexus, Moto Made, Unlockable Bootloader on Big Red has me excited.

I could buy it with my Moto 0% interest credit card, but I don't know when they will allow orders. It's also rumored that Verizon may not be selling for another 2-3 months.

I have a Verizon line of service that I am thinking about canceling anyway---not my only line with Big Red--but it currently has a $340 ETF.

I was contemplating visiting TMobile in 2 weeks, porting my VZW # over, picking up the Nexus 6 on a payment plan.

They currently offer a $40 simple starter plan with unlimited talk, text, and 500 mb data.
The data is pitiful, but I can use wifi and/or a VZW line as a mobile hotspot if I have a serious need for mobile data.

My thought was that I could sign up for the $40 plan (a little cheaper than what I am paying Big Red now) for 2-3 months, port by VZW # and get TMO to reimburse me for the ETF, After 2-3 months I would probably cancel TMO and pay off the remaining balance on the Nexus 6.

Obviously, part of my plan depends on whether TMO will have stock in stores and also have comparable pricing. I don't really want to pay TMO $800 for a Nexus 6 if Moto/Google will sell for $699.

I would probably just suspend my normal Verizon line for 2-3 months, without billing, while I waited for TMO to reimburse me for the ETF.

I use Google Voice exclusively, so it doesn't matter to me what my carrier phone number is.

Potentially, I would be able to get a Nexus 6 sooner and also get reimbursed for a Verizon ETF on a line I may not want.

Does anyone see any potential flaws with this plan?

I thought briefly about posting this in the TMO forum, but figured some people may start flaming me, since I may have any long term intentions of staying with TMO or leaving Big Red.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
T-mobile website support says its unlocked so I would say yes ? As long as you leave t-mobile and phone is paid off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome