Verizon: Double your data for FREE (More Everything plans currently <10GB)

TurboFast

Banned
Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
They are offering a free upgrade for loyal customers to double your data on your More Everything Plan for Free. It's only good for plans that are currently under 10GB. Just call customer service and tell them you want this Loyal Customer deal. No Strings Attached, does not require a contract extension and you can keep your corporate discount if you have one. It worked for me, upgraded from 3GB to 6GB for the same price ($60).

Posted via the Android Central App

RobinsonR810

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Seriously? Where did you hear about this? I literally just called them 30 minutes ago asking about getting more data for the same cost I pay now and she couldn't do anything.

TurboFast

Banned
Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Here:
http://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/t/7362198

Disclaimer: I'm not sure how they determine who is a loyal customer, but we've been with them 4 years on a More Everything Plan and have <10GB data so she did it for me no questions asked. She told me it's the promotion of the month, just like last month they did this for the higher data tier customers.

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I got the email about three hours ago. Just called the number they provided in the email and in less than a minute I was done. All they asked for was my mobile number and then read through a disclaimer followed by a question on whether I agreed or not. Now I'm up to 6GB. :)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're off-contract or close to the end of your contract, and they won't up your data, call back and ask for the Retention department. (Their job is to keep you from switching to another carrier - and they can do almost anything reasonable to keep you, like considering you a "loyal customer" even if you're a bit short of the "required" amount of time.)

Remember, when asking for a favor (and this is asking for a favor) be extra-nice. If they say no, don't get annoyed, say please with a little begging in it.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
They are offering a free upgrade for loyal customers to double your data on your More Everything Plan for Free. It's only good for plans that are currently under 10GB. Just call customer service and tell them you want this Loyal Customer deal. No Strings Attached, does not require a contract extension and you can keep your corporate discount if you have one. It worked for me, upgraded from 3GB to 6GB for the same price ($60).

I can confirm this. They actually called my home and offered me the deal and because I'm out of contract they also gave me $15 off per month on my plan.

I went from 3GB to 6GB.

RobinsonR810

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
So if you have 1 gig they won't offer the double data, I just talked to them. I asked if I change it to 2 gigs can they double it and they said that no you have to have had the 2 gigs or higher before the promotion started. Grrrrr

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Wait so if I am not on a more everything plan can I do this? Because all my family has their own data plans but on the same account. I'm looking to double my 4GB if possible

wheelerpr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I just called Verizon Customer Service. The guy I talked to said he was aware of the promo, but that it was only going out to certain customers. I am on the More Everything with 3gb (got upgraded from 2gb to 3gb for free a year ago for some reason).

So the guy checked over my account and said that I had not received the promo so he could not double my data. He said he would look to see what else was out there that he could do though. Not sure what he was doing but he kept telling me he was looking for about 3 or 4 minutes. Then he said he found a promo where he could give me 2gb of extra data for 12 months free. So, I did not double my data, but I got 2gb of extra data. If you call and ask for the promo and they say no, then ask if they can give you some extra data as a promo for a year. I have a feeling it will all depend on who you get on the phone.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I called to order my turbo, the customer service line I have to admit is best in class ... However they don't have a high bar to compare to :)

The rep said I was paying $80 for 6G and I can go to 10G for free under the promo ... I was skeptical, he was too, but he spent time reading the whole restrictions and it is true.

Also true, trade in any smartphone, it does not have to be activated, and get $100 gift card. You have til 31-December even if you didn't trade one in at purchase. The $100 is a guarantee regardless of the phone. I took in my old old HTC One and got it just fine even though I bought/activated Turbo not at retail store and my old phone was a Maxx (I used another plan members upgrade and they tool my Maxx).

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the 4 gig plan, and as I approached my data limit (again), I got a text about that, followed by another offering to double my data plan at no charge.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I called to order my turbo, the customer service line I have to admit is best in class ... However they don't have a high bar to compare to :)

The rep said I was paying $80 for 6G and I can go to 10G for free under the promo ... I was skeptical, he was too, but he spent time reading the whole restrictions and it is true.

Also true, trade in any smartphone, it does not have to be activated, and get $100 gift card. You have til 31-December even if you didn't trade one in at purchase. The $100 is a guarantee regardless of the phone. I took in my old old HTC One and got it just fine even though I bought/activated Turbo not at retail store and my old phone was a Maxx (I used another plan members upgrade and they tool my Maxx).

All he did was put you on current pricing. The current $80 tier is 10gb.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Tom Furlan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, maybe this is account specific. I have been with Verizon almost since there has been a Verizon. I currently have a 3gb plan. The CSR I talked to on the phone yesterday looked up my account and couldn't find any promotions available for me. She said she tried to apply for last months promotion herself and wasn't able to, even though she thought she was a loyal customer, too. Very empathetic, but no help. Anyone else run into this?

KangarooJack

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
It's a real deal. Best Buy rep told me about it. It's running for November and December. Got my 6 GB group plan upped to 10 GB which was convenient since I'm 2 months early from ending 24 month contract and I was only eligible for a Turbo on the Edge program. Now with the 10 GB plan I get the $25 discount and the Turbo monthly payments are..... $25.

So I got more data and brand new phones for my wife, my dad, and myself and keep the same monthly payments all before my contract was up.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It's a real deal. Best Buy rep told me about it. It's running for November and December. Got my 6 GB group plan upped to 10 GB which was convenient since I'm 2 months early from ending 24 month contract and I was only eligible for a Turbo on the Edge program. Now with the 10 GB plan I get the $25 discount and the Turbo monthly payments are..... $25.

So I got more data and brand new phones for my wife, my dad, and myself and keep the same monthly payments all before my contract was up.
That's because right now 6gb is 10gb and just bring you up to what they are offering

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DroidTurbo1

Banned
Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Email I received today from Verizon:

“Dear___ we’re always looking for ways to deliver more to loyal customers like you. That's why we're excited to bring you more value with this*exclusive, limited-time offer.To show our appreciation, you can now double your data and*get an extra 3GB for the same price you pay today!Your Current Plan:$60/3GB MORE Everything PlanSMRecommended for You:$60/6GB*MORE Everything PlanSMOnly available by calling1.855.830.7674!There are no strings attached. No change to your voice plan. No contract extension. Just more data to enjoy month after month. All you need to do is*call*1.855.830.7674*(Mon–Fri 9am-8pm PST)*and one of our experienced representatives will help you make this change on your account. But hurry—this offer will only be available for a limited time!Thank you for choosing Verizon to keep you connected. We look forward to bringing you more of the best in wireless*service.“

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy