Line 1 unlimited data, Line 3 says early Edge eligible, what does that mean?

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I have 3 lines on my Verizon Family Share account.

Line 1 is unlimited data and has upgrade(but I just ordered a new phone today)
Line 2 is basic phone and has no upgrade (upgrade date 09/2016
Line 3 is basic phone and has no upgrade (upgrade date 09/2016)

When I logged into my verizonwireless.com account, I noticed that Line 3 also says early Edge eligible. What does that mean? The upgrade date on that line is 09/2016, so I'm really confused.

Does it simply mean that I can buy a new smartphone for Line 3 now and just pay it off over 24 months? If so, why doesn't Line 2 show early Edge eligible, since it has the exact same upgrade date of 09/2016.

Will getting a new phone with Edge have any effect on Line 1's unlimited data plan?

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
That means you can upgrade line 2 using the Edge program.

you mean Line 3? I just don't see how that's possible, given that it was already upgraded 2 months ago. (still has 22 more months to go)

Is upgrading one of the lines on Edge going to affect the primary line that has UDP?

Thanks!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
you mean Line 3? I just don't see how that's possible, given that it was already upgraded 2 months ago. (still has 22 more months to go)

Is upgrading one of the lines on Edge going to affect the primary line that has UDP?

Thanks!

I'm sorry, line 3.

When upgrading to Edge, it's line dependant. You can have a family line with only one line on Edge. The monthly installment get put on the bill and they receive a discount on their monthly access fee.

The line with UDP won't be touched.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG G3

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry, line 3.

When upgrading to Edge, it's line dependant. You can have a family line with only one line on Edge. The monthly installment get put on the bill and they receive a discount on their monthly access fee.

The line with UDP won't be touched.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG G3

I thought Verizon only gives discount on the Edge line if it has More Everything plan? Since my primary line has UDP, all my lines are still on a family share plan.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
You said lines 2 and 3 are basic phones, so if you want to upgrade to a smartphone, you'll have to change that plan anyway.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought Verizon only gives discount on the Edge line if it has More Everything plan? Since my primary line has UDP, all my lines are still on a family share plan.
No discount for edge on the legacy family share plan

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You said lines 2 and 3 are basic phones, so if you want to upgrade to a smartphone, you'll have to change that plan anyway.
You can keep the old family share plan, though smartphones would need a data plan.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci