Upgrade a bit early?

choshoguay

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Greetings. I visited the verizon store earlier this week and I'm fully aware that Verizon does not allow early upgrades on phones, but I just saw the latest black friday sales and I really do not want to pass these offers up. I tried previously to transfer another line's upgrade to mine, but apparently it does not work unless you have the share everything plan (I have the regular 2gb per line contract). Last time I upgraded in 2013, I upgraded 6 months early which is quite a stretch. My next upgrade is on Jan 8th, which is about 6 weeks away. I read that if you call and begged the verizon rep they may do something for you. Is this true? Are there other ways to go about upgrading a bit early? Thanks in advance :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon sometimes allows for early upgrades. Recently they allowed anyone with an upgrade between around mid September to mid November to upgrade immediately.

But beyond that, you can call in and they might push the upgrade

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
When I called to early upgrade they said they could only do it 1 month early.

I am on a Nationwide plan and can still transfer upgrades. They stopped the ability to transfer upgrade from dumbphone lines to smartphones I believe. If this is what you are trying to do? You u can use a loophole and use that upgrade.

choshoguay

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes. The Verizon employee at the store said that there's nothing they can do about it and the manager couldn't do anything (or so they say).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech