I ordered my LTE card today - whos with me?_

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I picked the LG version over Pantech although our Verizon Rep is giving both of them to us to try. I live in Seattle where they just demoed 4 HD streaming YouTube videos without a single hickup. Anyone else order theirs or is it just me?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I would totally get one if my area was covered, and if they let me tack on 10 dollars a month into my existing contract...but as is, id rather wait for LTE devices.

But good on you , i hope you enjoy it

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I picked the LG version over Pantech although our Verizon Rep is giving both of them to us to try. I live in Seattle where they just demoed 4 HD streaming YouTube videos without a single hickup. Anyone else order theirs or is it just me?

Portland isn't covered yet, and 10 GB for $80 seems pretty steep. I use a rover puck for wimax service here, it's got reasonably good coverage and is uncapped.

It's hard to judge how the loaded LTE network will behave, but if they came up with a puck like device at puck like cost and uncapped in the same way (not throttled unless the tower is overloaded) it'd be hard to resist LTE.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using Tapatalk

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I should have added that it's a company paid device Lol. You guys both make good points. I probably wouldn't get it if I were paying for it, although I think either way the $50 5GB plan should suffice.

jimmyt

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
just got my lg card today - company picks up the tab :)
man does it smoke.. various speed tests are showing 14-17 down and 3-5 up - latency is around 75ms.. so far so good!

jim

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Yea that's the bad part.....more speed=more money. I've been waiting months for them to come out with their LTE network. I'm going to wait till next year to see what devices they put out. Hopefully January right?

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yea that's the bad part.....more speed=more money. I've been waiting months for them to come out with their LTE network. I'm going to wait till next year to see what devices they put out. Hopefully January right?

How is it more money? The plan for 5 GB's is 10 dollars cheaper then before(50.00 from 59.99). The 10 GB plan went from 199.99 to 80 dollars...I may not be a math wiz but that doesn't seem like more money at all.

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I would, but I just got a netbook with vzw service a few months ago. So I'll be waiting. Very interested to see how it goes for everyone.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
How is it more money? The plan for 5 GB's is 10 dollars cheaper then before(50.00 from 59.99). The 10 GB plan went from 199.99 to 80 dollars...I may not be a math wiz but that doesn't seem like more money at all.

I mean when its available to handsets. Right now I have the unlimited data for $30 a month which rumor has it Verizon will be following at&t and getting rid of. 4g data plans cost more money then 3g data. Sprint charges an extra $10 to use the 4g.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Fail....more money for Lte phone, and the renewed contact

Sent using TaPaTaLk

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Fail....more money for Lte phone, and the renewed contact

Sent using TaPaTaLk

Fail right back...4G plans haven't even been released. There is no supporting information its going to be higher. And double fail since the thread was never about 4G phones and new contracts.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok what current phones by vzw are LTE comp. ? Lol
So you have to get a lte phone duh lol
Sent using TaPaTaLk

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I mean when its available to handsets. Right now I have the unlimited data for $30 a month which rumor has it Verizon will be following at&t and getting rid of. 4g data plans cost more money then 3g data. Sprint charges an extra $10 to use the 4g.

they did go to tiered pricing, and they kept the unlimited.

They might get rid of unlimited (and have shared 3g/4g cap) but they've also stated that 10gb is the floor for what customers will want to use their devices for in the future, so expect pricing to match that idea.

Or they could go sprint's way and offer unlimited 3g for 30 (or even drop it a bit) and then have a tack on cost for 4g that gives you x amount of data.

Personally I'd prefer the former because it would more than likely make the 4g cap higher for the end cost. Say for example there is a plan for $40 a month. Option A could make that a 10gb shared cap (or higher) with rational overages ($10/gb). Option B could be unlimited 3g/2gb 4g. Now, if you're in an area that won't get 4g until 2013, you might prefer this plan. But for me? I expect to have it by the end of 2011.

But the biggest money sink for me is the required minute plan. I'm paying $40 a month for a service I barely use (average less than 300 minutes a month total)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech