good deal, or am I crazy?

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Okay I will try and sum this up quickly. I have a legacy plan with 2 unlimited data lines and one dummy line that I pay $160 for. I recently called verizon out of the blue with the idea that, I will be losing unlimited in about a year when my upgrade is due.. why don't I try and get something out of it now.

so I told them I'd be willing to switch off unlimited if they could do two things.. offer me two upgrades a year earlier than they are due (approx 11 months) and give me verizon max (which apparently still showed up in the system) which is 6 gbs for $30 a month. They had to speak to their supervisor and over the course of about an hour, a few emails, and a few call backs I ended up getting the offer I wanted and ordered two new phones last night.

so am I crazy for giving up my unlimited for early upgrades and a better then offered to the public data plan?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That depends on how much data you normally use. 20GB/month? You're crazy. 5GB/month? They should lock you up for legally stealing from Verizon. (It's amazing what certain people [usually the retention department] can do if you just ask for it.)

Any tome a contract is over, call retention and push for everything you can get if there's a carrier that will give you equal or better coverage. As a dealer, when Cingular was trying to break into the NYC market, they gave dealers such great deals (to get us to carry Cingular) that I could give the most expensive flagship phone away for free and still make a little profit. And I did, a few times, to keep a customer.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I currently am averaging about 3 gb a month. My wife is averaging about 1 GB. So the 6 GB each seems like it will work for us for the foreseeable future. I always wanted to hold onto unlimited for the day my service at home got good enough that I could cancel cable but I've given up on that idea. I'm happy I was able to squeeze a little out of my unlimited before it was gone.. The early upgrade is huge to me as my HTC one has serious call speaker issues. Can't wait for my new droid turbo. I also really hope I can keep the 6 GB plan next time I upgrade. They tried pretty hard to push the edge plan on me

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha, oh boy are you in for a shock....the turbo loves data.... Good luck staying under your limit....I went from 4 GB on two lines to 10gb!!!! We both got new turbos...two months in.. and I have yet to see my wife charge her phone other than at night. She used to be plugged in by noon with our DNAs

DRoID TuRBo this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca