Coverage in Canada for a week?

allykat_08

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
My hubby and I live in Ohio. We try to go to Niagara Falls once or twice a year, but in the past we haven't had cell coverage while we've been up there due to roaming charges. Does anyone know if there is any way to have coverage through Verizon for just a week, or even a month at a time? And if so, how expensive is it to do this? Thanks!

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
My hubby and I live in Ohio. We try to go to Niagara Falls once or twice a year, but in the past we haven't had cell coverage while we've been up there due to roaming charges. Does anyone know if there is any way to have coverage through Verizon for just a week, or even a month at a time? And if so, how expensive is it to do this? Thanks!
If you are on UDP you are SOL. Otherwise there are some reasonable options. Call CS.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Unlimited Data Plan.

Call Customer service & tell them what you are needing. I'm sure that they can get you fixed up. Not too expensive as I recall, and you can cancel the add-on when you return.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Why? So what are the options with UDP?
YGIAGAM. I guess they want to limit us old grandfathered UDP folks as much as possible to try to get us onto their new plans.
They had no options for me on my Canada trip except to pay exorbitant roaming fees. I shut off data, used Wi-Fi when possible, and used voice calls as little as possible. Could do Wi-Fi calling through Google I guess but I didn't bother.
They offered to change my plan to a 1gb " more everything " or some such that would actually save me a whopping $4.00 a month. Then they could tack on a block of minutes / data for Canada which I could cancel when I got back. No thanks. Give up my UDP to save 4 bucks & be limited to 1gb data? I think not.

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have actually allowed data roaming the last couple of times I was in Canada. It never cost me a cent because it never connected with a network. Which really sucked, I needed to keep up with my email and could only do it using wifi.

I'm considering picking up a sim from a Canadian telco. See how that works out.

Posted via Android Central App