DT Ignite

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
You don't need a third party app to disable it. Just turn it off (and force stop it) via Settings, Applications, Application Manager, scroll to the right to "All", scroll down to "DT Ignite", choose "Turn off", click "Ok" to confirm. :)

For more info on DT Ignite, see this thread in the Note 4 forum: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4/467487-t-mobile-update-contains-malware.html

Does this have anything to do with the Android update process? (will it prevent my phone from receiving OTA updates)

Posted via the Android Central App

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
No, DT Ignite doesn't have anything to do with OTA updates. It's used to either help pre-install bloatware apps or stage them for download/installation once you have the phone and connect it to the Internet.

Thanks for the clarification.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just saw this for the first time in my Note 4 usage. Searched Google and found out what it does and disabled it.

I did not have it install and if the garb that it tends to install but I always keep my WiFi off anyways so maybe that's why. It's no where to be found on my Note Edge.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It appeared to start with only the LG G3 and Note 4 on both T-Mobile and Verizon. Haven't seen any other reports about it affecting any other phones yet. So hopefully it's been kaboshed! :)
It is on the s6

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
You can disable it. My view is that it is a virus installed by Verizon. There is also an app you can install to make sure it stays disabled.

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
It appeared to start with only the LG G3 and Note 4 on both T-Mobile and Verizon. Haven't seen any other reports about it affecting any other phones yet. So hopefully it's been kaboshed! :)

I have the Galaxy S6 and I can be doing anything in my phone in contact list messages I can be online and out of nowhere the Google Play Store window will open even though I didn't open it. Does this have something to do with Dt Ignite? And do I just need to disable it or can I get rid of it?

Last edited by a moderator:

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I disabled it on my S6 many months ago. Just went into (applications) settings, bam, done. No 3rd party app needed. No ill effects and it is still disabled.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
It's great to leave enabled if you want Verizon to install apps and set permissions with out your appoval. I had two games installed and a remote app installed via DT Ignite. Disabled it the next day. I installed an app that makes sure it stays disabled.

PandaTJ

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It is "impossible" to actually "UNINSTALL" the application DT Ignite. So it is highly unlikely that you actually Uninstalled it. Proof would have to be shown for I think anyone to actually believe that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox