Verizon just TOOK AWAY my unlimited data (edit :UDP restored)

alxarambula

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon just TOOK AWAY my unlimited data

Well folks I've been denied and am now stuck with the new Asurion insurance price.. even after returning The GNote4 and returning to my previous device.
Very Disappointed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

Well folks I've been denied and am now stuck with the new Asurion insurance price.. even after returning The GNote4 and returning to my previous device.
Very Disappointed.

I would just go with a third party insurance.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Bought a new Gnote4 @ Best Buy at full price to keep UDP on the 4th got home called Verizon to activate new Sim and make sure my Asurion insurance would transfer.. everything went good but found out today that my insurance went up $2 was paying $5 and change now paying $7 and change. They said price went up at the start of 2015.

I had a Note 3 which I carry "Wireless Phone Protection - Asurion" aka insurance for $5.18/month through Verizon. A week ago I got a new Note 4 off Swappa and just took the old sim out of the Note 3 and inserted into my Note 4. Insurance did not change. It's still $5.18/month. UDP still intact along with myTalk & Text Plus Data $20 Discount. I'm effectively paying $9.99 for UDP. Gonna keep UDP as long as humanly possible...

truck1985

May 23, 2013
Visit site

You are probably out of luck. In the future the insurance covers whatever device is active on the account. No need to call. I actually went with a third party insurance carrier. It is much cheaper. Hopefully I won't have to find out how hard it is to make a claim.

I would still call back and see if they can fix it.
You mention third party insurance twice. What carrier do you use? Have you made a claim with them? How happy have you actually been with their customer service? Are claims paid out quickly?

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

You mention third party insurance twice. What carrier do you use? Have you made a claim with them? How happy have you actually been with their customer service? Are claims paid out quickly?
I just switched. I did like assurion and never really had a problem with them. I just feel it was becoming to expensive. I am trying the Worth Ave Group. When researching them the biggest thing is they don't cover "lost" devices like assurion does. Most of their complaints were people leaving the devices somewhere. I am sure it will take longer to get a payout if the device is damaged or stolen. I keep a spare phone just in case.

jprevas

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I am in this boat currently with them switching me to the 6gb plan without my permission. I had to assume liability for my family's plan for which I have had the primary line for years. While doing this I bought a g4 full price to activate and was explicitly told my udp would not be changed. He even showed me on his tablet that I still had the udp.

I arrived home and logged on to see I now have a 6gb plan.

I called customer service who is supposedly filling the same paperwork, but it is now 4 days later and no change. If it is not fixed by Thursday, I'm returning the g4 and buying a nexus 6 to give project fi a try.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
I am in this boat currently with them switching me to the 6gb plan without my permission. I had to assume liability for my family's plan for which I have had the primary line for years. While doing this I bought a g4 full price to activate and was explicitly told my udp would not be changed. He even showed me on his tablet that I still had the udp.

I called customer service who is supposedly filling the same paperwork, but it is now 4 days later and no change. If it is not fixed by Thursday, I'm returning the g4 and buying a nexus 6 to give project fi a try.

I don't think it was a mistake.
I think it's a ploy.
They figure a certain percentage of people won't catch it, or if they do, won't fight for it if they lose it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

They should reverse it .. they just aren't in a hurry to do it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can no longer assume UDP lines.

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

It depends on the rep. Some have done it after that fact. Regardless if they let him do it and assured him of it .. they will get it back. That is why they're escalating it versus just telling him no.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
It depends on the rep. Some have done it after that fact. Regardless if they let him do it and assured him of it .. they will get it back. That is why they're escalating it versus just telling him no.

System won't even let them do it anymore unless the account already has one. Or business account

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Official policy is no, they don't let personal accounts assume liability of unlimited lines . that has been the case since last November. So if you want unlimited back and they can't give it to you now, then consider reversing the AOL,if that is an option in your situation.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

jprevas

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I probably don't use enough data for it to be worth the 80 dollars a month for the plan anyway. Add into that their terrible customer service and I wouldn't mind leaving. Fully intend to do that if my unlimited plan doesn't come back. I'll stay if they keep it on, just because that enables me to do certain things with my phone (slingbox over data plan for example) I wouldn't dream of doing if I had a cap.

jprevas

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Plus, I like the g4, but am not as impressed as I thought I'd be. Thinking a nexus 6 might be nice free of carrier restrictions and bloat for a while anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon