Galaxy Note 3 is 20 bucks right now. If I order, using my line's upgrade, but naturally put in my Note 2's SIM before powering it up, should I be fine keeping my UDP?
    05-19-2015 08:07 PM
    If you use the discounted upgrade, don't you have to agree to a new contract on a more recent rate plan?
    05-19-2015 08:14 PM
    Thats what Im asking about, if setting anything up though Amazon will still just let me pop in my current phone's SIM card into the Note 3 when it comes, and as such, game the system to keep my UDP?
    05-19-2015 09:02 PM
    Thats what Im asking about, if setting anything up though Amazon will still just let me pop in my current phone's SIM card into the Note 3 when it comes, and as such, game the system to keep my UDP?
    Why not just pay the extra and go through best buy, and not have to worry about it?

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited data
    05-19-2015 09:38 PM
    Best Buy is that much more easy to work with?

Also, 20 bucks is pretty good, use it for several months, then, when the Note 4 prices start dropping more cause everyone wants the Note 5, bammo. I'd be more likely to be willing to drop 20 bucks-IF this goes easily, than 200, by that logic I'd be better off saving the 200 for a Note 4 as is.
    05-19-2015 10:04 PM
    20 bucks is surely a subsidized price. So yes you'll lose unlimited data. Only way to avoid it is pay full retail and not go on contract.
    05-19-2015 11:05 PM
    20 bucks is surely a subsidized price. So yes you'll lose unlimited data. Only way to avoid it is pay full retail and not go on contract.
    That is not correct. There are plenty of ways to keep unlimited data and get a subsidized phone. I have been under contract for years on 2 unlimited lines.

OP, it should work. You need to keep the phone off and destroy the SIM that comes with the phone. You then place your sim into the new phone.

Do you have a micro sim now?

I never liked ordering from amazon because of their second ETF.
    05-20-2015 06:31 AM
    If the Note 2's sim is a Micro Sim I should be fine?
    05-20-2015 08:30 AM
    If the Note 2's sim is a Micro Sim I should be fine?
    Yes, just follow the directions. Do not turn on the phone. Destroy the SIM. Place you already active sim in the phone. You will be left with a pending activation for a couple months. Just try not to make any changes during that time.
    05-20-2015 12:45 PM
    Just wondering if anyone else has done the same thing through Amazon is all.
    05-20-2015 07:39 PM
    Check out the slickdeals.net thread. http://slickdeals.net/share/android_app/t/7743625
    05-20-2015 09:33 PM
    Best Buy is that much more easy to work with?

Also, 20 bucks is pretty good, use it for several months, then, when the Note 4 prices start dropping more cause everyone wants the Note 5, bammo. I'd be more likely to be willing to drop 20 bucks-IF this goes easily, than 200, by that logic I'd be better off saving the 200 for a Note 4 as is.
    Best buy is 100% known to work. Amazon makes you choose a new plan

05-21-2015 04:49 AM
    Oh, well then, ok, I won't mess with that.
    05-21-2015 06:06 AM
    Just buy it full price you should be able to get a used one in a very reasonable rate. do not sign a new 2 year contract as they will find a way to get you.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-21-2015 11:40 AM
    Just buy it full price you should be able to get a used one in a very reasonable rate. do not sign a new 2 year contract as they will find a way to get you.

Posted via the Android Central App
    No they won't. I've done it along with many other people with no issues.

05-21-2015 11:40 PM
    Yes, just follow the directions. Do not turn on the phone. Destroy the SIM. Place you already active sim in the phone. You will be left with a pending activation for a couple months. Just try not to make any changes during that time.
    I found out painfully that Amazon charges a $400 fee. I ordered a new Galaxy Note 4. Destroyed the SIM card before powering on the phone. Put the SIM card from my Note 3 inside. Verizon didn't care and everything was fine. Until 3.5 months later, I noticed a $400 charge on my credit card. I called Amazon and they told me that they charged $400 because the SIM card that the new Note 4 came with was no longer on the account(actually, it was NEVER on the acct, since I destroyed it). No amount of arguing got me the $400 back.. Lesson learned.
    05-22-2015 04:59 PM
    Fair enough, I'm just gonna not game the system, and just get a Note 4 off swappa.
    05-22-2015 06:03 PM
    Fair enough, I'm just gonna not game the system, and just get a Note 4 off swappa.
    That's what we do. 3 plans with UDP and we use Swappa when we're ready for a new phone. I actually have an S5 coming this week.
    05-26-2015 05:57 AM
    While Swappa is relatively safe, be aware of the risks. My sister-in-law bought a mint Verizon S5 from Swappa. It worked fine for 8 months. Suddenly, it stopped working and she couldn't make calls or access the internet. It turned out that Verizon had blacklisted it. The Verizon corporate store was unable to help her. They said the phone's original owner had become deliquent on his/her Verizon account for 3 months, so the S5 got blacklisted. The guy continued to pay Verizon regularly for 5 months after he/she sold the phone on Swappa. It didn't matter that the phone had been sold by Swappa and used by my sister-in-law for over 8 months.

She contacted Swappa and they refused to do anything because it had been 8 months.
    In Swappa's defense, they do say that they can't do anything about this type of situation:
    http://swappa.com/faq/buy/imei_black...cUvbUpU4457410

She also contacted PayPal and was also told that they couldn't do anything about a sale that was completed 8 months ago.

Oh well... lesson learned. I would NEVER buy used smartphones from Swappa, eBay, CL, or whatever.... not worth the trouble.
    05-29-2015 04:29 PM
    Well, while its not the same, I got a tablet off swappa last year, perfect condition, screen protector and nice cushioned leather case on it too. That said, any purchase made off swappa is going to be done like any off ebay-that seller better have done a lot of legit well-rated business. So, anyone I buy off of will not have a 0 transactions next to their name. Unless I wind up looking on this forum, and see who has a good history is selling. Because I have no choice. I have UDP, and barring the Best Buy trick, I have no real way to upgrade other than buy used, cause no way in HELL am I losing my UDP, I just went through 13 odd gigs last month.
    05-29-2015 04:35 PM
    Well, while its not the same, I got a tablet off swappa last year, perfect condition, screen protector and nice cushioned leather case on it too. That said, any purchase made off swappa is going to be done like any off ebay-that seller better have done a lot of legit well-rated business. So, anyone I buy off of will not have a 0 transactions next to their name. Unless I wind up looking on this forum, and see who has a good history is selling. Because I have no choice. I have UDP, and barring the Best Buy trick, I have no real way to upgrade other than buy used, cause no way in HELL am I losing my UDP, I just went through 13 odd gigs last month.
    When my sister-in-law bought the S5 off Swappa, the seller was showing hundreds of prior sales with 5-star rating.

Fast forward 8 months. The seller has disappeared from Swappa, according to Swappa customer service. The same seller also had 99% eBay rating with over 1200 positive feedbacks. Guess what? The seller's name is how showing as "no longer a registered eBay seller" now....

Buying used cars from a local used car dealer is actually much less risky these days.
    05-29-2015 04:42 PM
    When my sister-in-law bought the S5 off Swappa, the seller was showing hundreds of prior sales with 5-star rating.

Fast forward 8 months. The seller has disappeared from Swappa, according to Swappa customer service. The same seller also had 99% eBay rating with over 1200 positive feedbacks. Guess what? The seller's name is how showing as "no longer a registered eBay seller" now....

Buying used cars from a local used car dealer is actually much less risky these days.
    I sell pretty much all my old phones on Swappa. I actually find I can get more for them then through Craigslist even after shipping and fees. I have sold 5 phones and 2 smart watches. I totaled about $2,465 gross. That said, I probably will never buy from them because of that danger.
    05-29-2015 06:18 PM