Need a Sim card

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe they charge for SIM cards but I could be wrong. Call your local Verizon store and ask them about it.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If you go to the store or call they will provide a free sim. If you got to a third party retailer they will charge like $10.

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
If you go to the store or call they will provide a free sim. If you got to a third party retailer they will charge like $10.

Just depends what store and who you talk to. At best buy we were supposed to charge, but we never did. It's all about customer service. I give you a free sim card, figure out what you like, then sell you something I think you'll like. Or you walk out with just the free Sim and come back when you need something because you remember the good service you got

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've never had to pay for a new sim. Got from store and also from Verizon .com Also if you have old deactivated Verizon sims laying around, you can always reactive the sim.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Just depends what store and who you talk to. At best buy we were supposed to charge, but we never did. It's all about customer service. I give you a free sim card, figure out what you like, then sell you something I think you'll like. Or you walk out with just the free Sim and come back when you need something because you remember the good service you got

Posted via Nexus 6 with unlimited international data via AT&T
That is good customer service. I meant in general about the third party retailers.

By the way how do you like the nexus 6? I have been thinking about getting one. I miss rooting and roming phones.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Corporate stores, calling in, or online are free. Third-party retailers can charge.

Sent from my LG G4

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
That is good customer service. I meant in general about the third party retailers.

By the way how do you like the nexus 6? I have been thinking about getting one. I miss rooting and roming phones.

Sorry, just saw the last line. I LOVE it. And I'm an Apple guy so that's saying a lot. Have it rotted, although I don't do much from the rooting because there's really no bloat wear. What service do you have? If you have AT&T and Verizon, if you take out the sim card before you turn it on the first time, it won't have any bloat wear from the carrier :)