VZW unlimited global data going away

freightdog

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I thought this might be of interest to those of us who use the global data package and who turn it off and on as needed. I just called to turn it off for a few weeks while back in the states and was told that the unlimited data package is going away effective January 17th. If I turned it off I would be unable to get it back, but if I left it active I would be grandfathered and be able to keep it. Otherwise there will be a set data package for north america and europe and pay by use elsewhere.

I searched and found no mention of this before, it seems like a sudden rude surprise.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well don't forgot, other countries has a lot less bandwidth then we do here in the US. I remember I asked and looked around and they had like 1gb packages for the 5gb price here in the US.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This was just posted on CrackBerry as well and confirmed by a VZW rep who frequents that forum. I'm not thrilled with this new at all. I use the global plan and I liked that VZW would prorate it.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
They're doing away with this.. but if you have a Corporate Liable line (meaning it's under their tax ID) you can still get it

beto89

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Dude this sucks soooooo bad! I wish I would have seen this a few weeks ago. I work in Canada 8 months out of the year and I loved this feature b/c I could keep my verizon phone # and have unlimited data. :(

Looks like I'll just have to get a telus phone when I'm up there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781