So I went into a corporate store to trade in my s6 towards a new phone. When I traded in my Sony z3v in January for a new phone, the store rep immediately applied my trade in value toward the purchase of my new phone. So I only paid the difference between the 2. When I went in last weekend to do this, they told me that the stores can't do this anymore and I would have to buy the phone at full price, then get my gift card later? Huh?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-19-2015 09:37 AM
    Doesn't surprise me.

You can get more for your phone selling it at swappa.com.
    06-19-2015 02:31 PM
    So I went into a corporate store to trade in my s6 towards a new phone. When I traded in my Sony z3v in January for a new phone, the store rep immediately applied my trade in value toward the purchase of my new phone. So I only paid the difference between the 2. When I went in last weekend to do this, they told me that the stores can't do this anymore and I would have to buy the phone at full price, then get my gift card later? Huh?

Don't trade your s6 information a gift card, they'll give you beans for it. Try an alternative route like swappa, I've sold my phones there for a year now and it's great. Then use the money toward the one you want.

06-19-2015 02:35 PM
    Don't tell them anything, just come in and trade in the phone then they will give you the gift card. At least they did it a while back. Once you get the gc, use that to pay for the new phone

Sent from my Asus Zenfone 2
    06-19-2015 05:34 PM
    I was trading it in for an G4. They were going to give me $385 for it. I was fine with that. When the sales person told me they would send me a giftcard, I said no thanks. I would use Swappa but I don't like the idea of PayPal payments.

06-19-2015 09:18 PM
    When I did it, it took a few minutes to get the gift card, but that was late last year

Sent from my Asus Zenfone 2
    06-20-2015 01:31 AM