Upgrade $199 w/ Contract or do Edge? (LG G4)

scottfish

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
So I am in the stage of "needing" a G4. This damn Moto X 2014 is so last week.

I am a cellphone service moron though. I have a line that is eligible for upgrade currently.

The question is:
Do I upgrade and pay $199 on a 2 year contract or go w/ the Edge Program. To be honest, my wife and daughter's iPhone 6's are on Edge, but I don't even totally understand what the hell I signed up for.

Advice is appreciated.

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
So I am in the stage of "needing" a G4. This damn Moto X 2014 is so last week.

I am a cellphone service moron though. I have a line that is eligible for upgrade currently.

The question is:
Do I upgrade and pay $199 on a 2 year contract or go w/ the Edge Program. To be honest, my wife and daughter's iPhone 6's are on Edge, but I don't even totally understand what the hell I signed up for.

Advice is appreciated.
What about plan are you on, how much data. If you are on 6gb more everything it is a no Brainer. You will just have tax out of pocket and your bill will go down a couple bucks.

Edit: even with the $15 discount it would be a better deal.

Sent from my Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Currently edge is a better deal based on the price above provided that you are on a plan that gives you a discount for edge

Sent from my Asus Zenfone 2

scottfish

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks folks. I actually went for Edge. Got the G4 yesterday. Knowing how bad the battery life on my Moto X 2014 was, I thought it best to send it to Verizon than saddle some poor sucker with it.

It turns out one of my employees use to work for Verizon. Aside from warning me about needing the phone in near mint shape to turn in a phone on Edge, he also confirmed it'd be better for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781