Verizon WPP insurance in Florida include extended Warranty?

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
any VZW gurus know this? They don't offer TEC or extended warranty alone, WPP used to include an extended warranty, does it still? The rep I called didn't know.

cjp39

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks man. Do you how F'ing hard it was getting an answer to that? It's nowhere on the web, nowhere on VZW forums, the rep, as sweet as she was, didn't know. Lol. And knowing Verizon if it means getting the suckers to sign up for Total Mobile (with Tech Coach) it's probably advantageous to not let the reps know and instead sign all suckers up for that instead.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man. Do you how F'ing hard it was getting an answer to that? It's nowhere on the web, nowhere on VZW forums, the rep, as sweet as she was, didn't know. Lol. And knowing Verizon if it means getting the suckers to sign up for Total Mobile (with Tech Coach) it's probably advantageous to not let the reps know and instead sign all suckers up for that instead.

I knew the answer, but wanted to do a little googling to support it.

As usual, it's in the fine print at the bottom of the page...LOL

http://www.totalmobileprotection.com/verizon/

[<i>]Extended Warranty program is Verizon Wireless Services, LLC. The Extended Warranty program is not available in Florida. .In Florida, Liberty Mutual and Asurion provide replacements under the Wireless Phone Protection program for post-warranty defects.[</i>]

Basically, Verizon handles all post warranty defects that would covered for someone that has extended warranty.

Accidents and damaged device claims are handled by Asurion....i.e. Liberty Mutual.....

Except in Florida, where Asurion and Liberty Mutual handle damage, theft, accidents AND warranty issues for an unfortunate Floridian.

The only issue I could see is if you got into a debate with Asurion over what was considered a warranty issue vs. a defect caused by the user.

It could mean the difference of one or two hundred dollars, if they insist you pay a deductible.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX