The new plans make zero sense...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Didn't Verizon change the plans so they were more streamlined? So anyways, right now I'm on the following:

Loyalty 2GB +Unlimited Minutes/Text for $60.

I was looking at the new plans and they said 1GB would be $50 ($30 for the data, $20 for a smartphone). However, if I would switch to the plan, My Verizon says it would be $70 due to a ($40) phone charge. Not saying I'm switching or would do it but what's up with the change when I login? Is the $20 difference only assuming that I bought a phone on a financing plan?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
There is a $20 surcharge for lines currently on contract. The surcharge will automatically drop off once the contract is over.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Didn't Verizon change the plans so they were more streamlined? So anyways, right now I'm on the following:

Loyalty 2GB +Unlimited Minutes/Text for $60.

I was looking at the new plans and they said 1GB would be $50 ($30 for the data, $20 for a smartphone). However, if I would switch to the plan, My Verizon says it would be $70 due to a ($40) phone charge. Not saying I'm switching or would do it but what's up with the change when I login? Is the $20 difference only assuming that I bought a phone on a financing plan?

Are you still under contract? If so, they will charge you an additional $20 every month until the date that your contract would have ended.

The new plans make no sense for anyone with the loyalty plan. I wouldn't recommend switching from it. Even if you use less than 2GB per month, remember that the loyalty plan includes a subsidized phone, whereas anything else with Verizon requires you to buy a phone outright.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Are you still under contract? If so, they will charge you an additional $20 every month until the date that your contract would have ended.

The new plans make no sense for anyone with the loyalty plan. I wouldn't recommend switching from it. Even if you use less than 2GB per month, remember that the loyalty plan includes a subsidized phone, whereas anything else with Verizon requires you to buy a phone outright.

There is a $20 surcharge for lines currently on contract. The surcharge will automatically drop off once the contract is over.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

Oh trust me, I know. I was giving my current plan as a comparison as I wanted to explain this to my friend who is considering the switch and they have the same plan I do. But I was confused as to why my account showed $20 extra and his didn't. I had no idea how to explain this to him. I'm not letting go of the loyalty plan and even if I wanted 3GB of data its $10 per gig overage so its still cheaper.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I am curious to see if Verizon will offer any loyalty offers with the new plans.

$45 for unlimited talk text and 3 gb would be nice, but they also no longer offer single line plans.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am curious to see if Verizon will offer any loyalty offers with the new plans.

$45 for unlimited talk text and 3 gb would be nice, but they also no longer offer single line plans.

It would be nice but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Maybe $50 or $60 but not anytime soon. One can hope though. Especially since a phone adds between $15-$20 per month.