I am currently out in the desert without a WiFi Hotspot in sight and went over on my data plan, which I figured would happen, but now I'm about to go over again...can't help it, I'm a phone addict.

My billing cycle ends on the 19th and they keep shooting me the text about upgrading to the next data tier and they'll prorate me the month. Can someone break it down kindergarten style? I heard they prorate me for this billing cycle and charge me for the next month of service. Should I just go over again and change my plan on the first day of the new cycle?

Edit: for once the Web page, the mobile one of all things, explained it to me kindergarten style. I prorated back to the start of the bill cycle and it's only costing me $6 more AND I get 3 more GB of data. I went with one of the new plans because the More Everything plan would have been ridiculous at the same price, I want to say 4 GB for the price of 6 GB on the Big Red Plan aka Size Large.
    08-18-2015 03:25 AM
    I'd like to add that my monthly billing can't seem to be made up by Verizon.

My confirmation page stated $169
    My confirmation email stated $178
    The link provided to the bill breakdown in the confirmation email would bring my total to about $155

What in the heck?! Guess I really do have to call them.
    08-18-2015 08:12 AM
    You can change data plans at any time. You can have it effective today, at the beginning of the current billing cycle, or at the beginning of the next billing cycle.

In your case if you haven't gone over yet, you can have it effective today. If you already went over then depending on how much over, you might want to compare overages vs. Backdating the data plan change. You can move to a lower tier on the first day of the next billing cycle.

Keep in mind that the data amount would be prorated for the remainder of the cycle if you choose to have it effective mid cycle.

In my experience, The pricing usually isn't accurate until you get the bill. Calling usually won't help much in these matters(at least in my experience) , but you are welcome to try
    08-18-2015 09:57 AM
    Agree. They actually mentioned making bills easier to understand when they announced the new plans. In my experience whenever you make a plan change it is a convoluted mess and you have to really check the bill carefully.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-18-2015 10:25 AM
    Yeah. I screen capped everything from the three I mentioned above. The bill break down in My Verizon, the confirmation before I did the plan change, and the email.
    08-18-2015 03:57 PM
    Here's my official letter from Verizon. Even with my Edge payment on top of that I'm trying to figure out where they got almost $200 from.
    Attached Thumbnails A question before referring to Verizon via phone...-1440009682711.jpg  
    08-19-2015 01:42 PM