Verizon won't give me a bill to pay edge in full

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I switched to t-mobile and I need a bill showing my Edge balance to get reimbursed by t-mobile but Verizon says they don't have a bill to show. I called them and said I want to pay my Edge balance in full and need a bill to see how much but they said they can't /won't give me a bill. How's that possible? I think they just want to make it difficult for those who switch to get their reimbursements...

The panda has spoken

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It may not be available to them until the final bill generates by the system since you're account was closed once you switched. After it gets generated you will probably see the amount.

I would ask how long it takes to get the final bill.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I switched to t-mobile and I need a bill showing my Edge balance to get reimbursed by t-mobile but Verizon says they don't have a bill to show. I called them and said I want to pay my Edge balance in full and need a bill to see how much but they said they can't /won't give me a bill. How's that possible? I think they just want to make it difficult for those who switch to get their reimbursements...

The panda has spoken

Almeuit is right. Verizon probably doesn't have a bill to show you. I did this twice at different times and got $350 from Sprint and another $350 from Tmobile.

If you still have any active lines with VZW on the account or any sub-account, you won't receive a final bill until about 5 days after the end of your regular bill cycle.

My regular VZW bill cycle always ends on the 2nd of every month. When I canceled my line with VZW and ported over to TMO, and later Sprint, I had to wait until around the 7th of the month, since I still had active VZW lines as well. Ain't no way I was giving up my unlimited data lines with VZW...lol

IF the line that you transferred to TMO represents your one and only VZW line, the account should be closed after the port to TMO goes through and the final bill should be generated around 5 business days after that. However, I can't guarantee this. You may still have to wait until 5 days after the end of your normal bill cycle.

It helps if you have previously registered with My Verizon before you ported to TMO. If you did, you'll still have the ability to login and view your bills and see exactly when the final bill generates.

It also makes it easy to print off a copy or send the PDF file directly to TMO.

It sucks a little because it took me about 3 weeks for the final bill to generate and another 8 weeks before I got the reimbursement debit card from TMO. Sprint only took about 5-6 weeks after I submitted the final bill. However, monetarily, it wasn't an issue for me. However, if you need the debit card to pay off Verizon, it's risky, since Verizon will want their money before you receive the debit card from TMO. Good Luck.

Last edited:

SaracenSam

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Since you ported out to other carriers, you're account is closed, people in store can't look it up in the system. Best bet is to call customer service and have them give you the balance.

They can do it in store but its a pain for the reps to look up - its not what a retail store is for.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers