Will LTE phones be world phones?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Since LTE is GSM based and I assume thus will have an GSM antenna, does that mean that all LTE phones will also be world phones? The number of Verizon Android based world phones is rather low and I need one before the summer.

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
You will probably have to wait for a phone (most likely an HTC) that has the MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset inside. That will support LTE and the most important global roaming frequencies as well. And what a phone that will be in terms of speed and power!

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You will probably have to wait for a phone (most likely an HTC) that has the MSM8960 Snapdragon chipset inside. That will support LTE and the most important global roaming frequencies as well. And what a phone that will be in terms of speed and power!

Will it be here by summer? I hate the thought of having to go back to my Blackberry for my trip. :'(

arahouston

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Do any of the upcoming phones for Verizon have LTE and world phone? It sucked having to break out the BB Storm out of retirement when I went abroad for a trip this month. I don't want to upgrade from the Droid X until there is such an animal. Will there be such a phone? Help?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Do any of the upcoming phones for Verizon have LTE and world phone? It sucked having to break out the BB Storm out of retirement when I went abroad for a trip this month. I don't want to upgrade from the Droid X until there is such an animal. Will there be such a phone? Help?

I'm having the exact same misery. I'm having to break out my Blackberry Tour for my trip to Europe next month. I was going to get an Incredible 2 but really want the Galaxy S II that is supposed to be coming in July.

Here is the other problem with Verizon that I'm not sure if you noticed. Last year when I went to Europe they had unlimited data for about $2.19/day. Now their plans are either 30mb or 70mb. 70mb for $100/month! Last month I used 425mb on my phone so I'm sure I'd go way over the 70mb probably just in 2 weeks in Europe. So this is where my BB will actually come in handy. Because it can do so little relative to my Fascinate the likelihood of me going over is much less. If there wasn't the limit on the data plans I might have rented an android phone for the trip.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
This is my issue as well and the main reason I dropped my desire for LTE in favor of world capabilities. So far the Droid Incredible 2 unlocked is serving me very well ;)

TrivialTweeter

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to switch over to Verizon in the next few days. I'm currently on a GSM carrier. One of the things I love is the ease and flexibility of traveling with an unlocked GSM phone. The ability to buy prepaid SIM cards when in foreign countries is great. I also enjoy having the freedom to buy and use an unlocked phone not offered by my carrier.

I'm hoping that Verizon's adoption of LTE will mean that their future phones will offer the same flexibility as current GSM phones do when it comes to traveling and purchasing phones not sold by your carrier.

rorkin

May 19, 2011
Visit site

I am in same boat on a trip to canada shortly.. What did you do for phone/data since it is so expensive ??prepaid sim card ??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae