I have a work associate who allegedly had a phone "die" on her, an LG monstrosity that's not even available anymore. Supposedly, she called Verizon, and they Offered her a note 5,and a tablet, for free. I've been with Verizon for 11 years, and they have never given anything to me for free, much less a flagship that is still wet behind the ears. Oh, and she was able to grandfather her unlimited data as well. I'm claiming shenanigans on this one. If it were sprint, or t-mobile, then I could see it. Has anyone ever experienced something like this with Verizon?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-16-2015 09:37 AM
    My guess is 0 down, paying monthly.
    dpham00 likes this.
    09-16-2015 10:15 AM
    I have a work associate who allegedly had a phone "die" on her, an LG monstrosity that's not even available anymore. Supposedly, she called Verizon, and they Offered her a note 5,and a tablet, for free. I've been with Verizon for 11 years, and they have never given anything to me for free, much less a flagship that is still wet behind the ears. Oh, and she was able to grandfather her unlimited data as well. I'm claiming shenanigans on this one. If it were sprint, or t-mobile, then I could see it. Has anyone ever experienced something like this with Verizon?

Wow a note 5 and a tab?? I think thats pushing it when it comes to getting a new phones for free when your phone is very old. Verizon always make you upgrade your line or send out an older phone for free that is about the same as the LG Monstrosity.
    09-16-2015 10:15 AM
    There's got to be more to the story.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    johnriii likes this.
    09-16-2015 02:41 PM
    I don't think so. I'm a long term Verizon customer with a failed, previously approved for warranty replacement Droid Razr Maxx HD phone. There's no upgrade offer, with or without keeping my unlimited.
    To add insult to injury, they are now pushing for $100 insurance replacement which will cost me an SD slot and 16 GB of on board storage or heavily implying a likely $300 non refundable fee for a $99-125 refurb, not covered by warranty penalty. Jokes on Verizon; I'm going to T mobile. I'll pay less, am eligible for Jump and will get more (including unlimited 4G, yea it's not available to everyone) at T mobile. It's just bad timing for me financially.
    johnriii likes this.
    09-16-2015 04:23 PM
    Highly doubtful, the Unlimited Data is the reason I say this.
    johnriii likes this.
    09-17-2015 04:42 AM
    So this morning she starts in with the statement, "I'm afraid to see my bill next month". That's peculiar....

09-17-2015 05:46 AM
    My guess is 0 down, paying monthly.
    I'm thinking the same thing. And she's probably lost her unlimited data and doesn't even know it, yet.

09-17-2015 05:47 AM
    Good luck with t-mobile. I've heard mixed feelings on it from truckers I work with around the country.

09-17-2015 05:49 AM
    I'm thinking the same thing. And she's probably lost her unlimited data and doesn't even know it, yet.

My thoughts exactly! Unreal, I hope she doesn't use 20GB.
    09-17-2015 05:56 AM
    My thoughts exactly! Unreal, I hope she doesn't use 20GB.
    Nah, she's not a big time data user, like me. 20 GB shared is barely enough for me with my wife.

09-17-2015 06:51 AM