So, let's say that you wanted to pay off a device early, you can call in, do it in the store, or personally I prefer to do it online. I had a little trouble finding it at first, so perhaps this post can help someone.

When doing it online, log into My Verizon desktop site, select the line and select "View Device Payment Agreement". Then select the "Buyout option".

I was able to payoff the entire balance without waiting any time (well, I waited until I got my paycheck), but you can pay it off at any time, even before your statement date. You can use a credit card, Verizon gift card, or bank account. You cannot use existing credit on your account.
    Attached Thumbnails Instructions on how to pay off a Device Payment Plan-verizon-device-payment1.jpg   Instructions on how to pay off a Device Payment Plan-verizon-device-payment2.jpg  
    10-01-2015 10:19 AM
    I'm still just mad you can't make a payment outside of your statement amount, but still short of the buyout amount. But whatever.

Posted via the Android Central App
    mlr_90 likes this.
    10-01-2015 04:50 PM
    I'm still just mad you can't make a payment outside of your statement amount, but still short of the buyout amount. But whatever.

Verizon probably wants you to lock you into a "contract" as long as possible

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Ry and 11B1P like this.
    10-01-2015 11:55 PM
    Verizon probably wants you to lock you into a "contract" as long as possible

Right, no I get that. When you pay it off it is easier for you to leave them. I personally have no intent on leaving them (only reliable signals in my area) I just want to get out from under the contracts. If anything it would probably make them MORE money because then I'd be more tempted to switch phones more often lol.
    dpham00 and DarkJoker33 like this.
    10-02-2015 06:46 AM
    Right, no I get that. When you pay it off it is easier for you to leave them. I personally have no intent on leaving them (only reliable signals in my area) I just want to get out from under the contracts. If anything it would probably make them MORE money because then I'd be more tempted to switch phones more often lol.
    I am sure Verizon thought of all aspects and figured that this way they would keep customers longer overall... Obviously Verizon doesn't care about you because you will stay with them no matter what. Sad, but unfortunately that's the way Verizon is...

Cwey55 likes this.
    10-02-2015 08:37 AM
    Definately agree on the not being able to use a credit on your account. And you can only use one form of payment. I had 2 visa rebate cards I wanted to use, no go. The rep even told me to just apply it to my account, after I put $200 of credit on my Verizon account I figured I better call again, and glad I did because that's when I found out that is not possible. So I had to go to a Verizon store to buy a gift card with my 3 payment methods to pay the phone off. Verizon is really getting bad at customer service, they now have the mentality that you have no other choices.

And the fact that they don't let you pay extra on your phone is BS. They take unlimited data away I'll be looking to move, that's the only reason I stay now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    10-09-2015 02:40 PM
    Your instructions were spot-on, but then I encountered a loop at the payment screen. It would warn me of the pitfalls that could happen if the payment didn't go through and then take me back to the payment screen. Is this possibly because they wouldn't take my normal method of paying by my debit card? Do you have any suggestions? Oh why do they make it so difficult... Thanks for your input!
    04-26-2016 12:00 PM
    Go prepaid with verizon or selectel. No contracts, same service
    04-26-2016 08:23 PM
    Your instructions were spot-on, but then I encountered a loop at the payment screen. It would warn me of the pitfalls that could happen if the payment didn't go through and then take me back to the payment screen. Is this possibly because they wouldn't take my normal method of paying by my debit card? Do you have any suggestions? Oh why do they make it so difficult... Thanks for your input!
    I haven't seen that problem. I would try a different browser and see what happens
    05-11-2016 02:12 PM
    So, let's say that you wanted to pay off a device early, you can call in, do it in the store, or personally I prefer to do it online. I had a little trouble finding it at first, so perhaps this post can help someone.

When doing it online, log into My Verizon desktop site, select the line and select "View Device Payment Agreement". Then select the "Buyout option".

I was able to payoff the entire balance without waiting any time (well, I waited until I got my paycheck), but you can pay it off at any time, even before your statement date. You can use a credit card, Verizon gift card, or bank account. You cannot use existing credit on your account.
    Can you not make extra payments? It looks like you can only pay in full??
    05-11-2016 06:00 PM
    No extra payments. You can only pay it off early by paying the entire balance at once, using a single payment option.

05-11-2016 07:20 PM
    Correct, you can not make additional payments. You can however put the money into a savings account and pay it off once you have enough money.
    05-12-2016 08:55 AM
    I am sure Verizon thought of all aspects and figured that this way they would keep customers longer overall... Obviously Verizon doesn't care about you because you will stay with them no matter what. Sad, but unfortunately that's the way Verizon is...

Doesn't every company want their customers to stay with them for as long as possible? Also, how much can we really expect a company to "care" about us? As long as they fulfill their end of the contract and make a profit, they are happy.
    05-13-2016 03:24 PM
    Doesn't every company want their customers to stay with them for as long as possible? Also, how much can we really expect a company to "care" about us? As long as they fulfill their end of the contract and make a profit, they are happy.
    Well some companies will offer retention plans or offers to help keep customers. With Verizon if you want to leave just call up, they probably won't offer you anything or try to persuade you otherwise. When I left twc, man they really tried to keep me by offering me this and that.
    05-13-2016 05:19 PM
    Doesn't matter. Paid off my note 5 last night. Just over 6 months.
    07-02-2016 02:14 PM
    I just paid off my Turbo 2 online. We'll see what the next bill shows.
    And, it now shows that I am eligible for an upgrade at retail price.
    07-02-2016 08:24 PM
    I just have a question hopefully some one can help. What are my options if i pay off my verizon cell phone in full? Would like to get out of my contact. Thank you in advance for any replies
    08-31-2016 08:23 PM
    I just have a question hopefully some one can help. What are my options if i pay off my verizon cell phone in full? Would like to get out of my contact. Thank you in advance for any replies
    If you are on a service contract then that cannot be paid off early, unless you cancel service... In which case you would pay etf
    08-31-2016 10:07 PM
    This should be a sticky.
    11-25-2016 01:39 PM
    Is there any way to get them to bill an ETF and balance of a DPP?
    01-26-2017 10:36 AM
    Is there any way to get them to bill an ETF and balance of a DPP?
    Etf cannot be paid off early unless you cancel the line.

Dpp can be paid off at any time but they will not bill it to account
    01-27-2017 06:34 PM
    Rest of the porting over will be this weekend. Paid the DPP. ETF is on my hotspot which I won't port cuz I don't need it. Will they bill that?
    01-27-2017 08:40 PM
    Rest of the porting over will be this weekend. Paid the DPP. ETF is on my hotspot which I won't port cuz I don't need it. Will they bill that?
    They will only charge etf when you cancel the line which has the etf.
    ShaggyKids likes this.
    01-27-2017 08:44 PM