Looking for a Verizon expert

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
When I bought my phone in May of 2014 , I was given the standard data package of 500 megabytes. I came to learn that 500 megabytes is too small. Verizon was kind enough to assign me a data promotion that increased my data package. That promotion expires in February of 2016. I also realize that Verizon contracts have changed. When my contract expires in May of 2017, I plan to move to the new plans. I haven't decided how much data I'll need by then, but I know that 500 megabytes is not enough. My question is this. What can I do to extend the promotion to the end of this contract, so that I can make the transition to the new plan without any additional costs on my part? Verizon has told me that I have to wait until the current promotion expires. I'm not comfortable running a few days without coverage in excess of 500gb. What do you experts think and do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
When I bought my phone in May of 2014 , I was given the standard data package of 500 megabytes. I came to learn that 500 megabytes is too small. Verizon was kind enough to assign me a data promotion that increased my data package. That promotion expires in February of 2016. I also realize that Verizon contracts have changed. When my contract expires in May of 2017, I plan to move to the new plans. I haven't decided how much data I'll need by then, but I know that 500 megabytes is not enough. My question is this. What can I do to extend the promotion to the end of this contract, so that I can make the transition to the new plan without any additional costs on my part? Verizon has told me that I have to wait until the current promotion expires. I'm not comfortable running a few days without coverage in excess of 500gb. What do you experts think and do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App
If you are running in excess of 500 gb (gigabytes) then I would STRONGLY suggest that you acquire an unlimited data plan through assumption of liability.

Now assuming that you meant 500mb, there are no specific rules as to promotions in the terms of service,so Verizon can do as it pleases. You might get lucky and find someone willing to extend the promotion, but it is not something guaranteed.

Also it is highly unlikely that the contract changed... Verizon almost never does that unless it is at your request. However they did change the contract, then you would be eligible to terminate service without paying etf.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37