Talk and surf at the same time?

bloodycape77

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
So, I need to get a new phone, but it seems like from what I am reading the latest crop of phones don't let you talk and surf the same time anymore? Like on my HTC Rezound and G2, I could be browsing the web(on LTE) and talk at the same time. Is that really the case or do certain phone still allow this on Verizon?

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
To do both simultaneously on Verizon, you will need to activate advanced calling and then be in an LTE area. If you go into an area without lte while talking and surfing, the call will drop. The note 4 was the last phone on Verizon to have two radios so it didn't require advanced calling to handle voice and data simultaneously.

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
So, if I have advance calling enable and not in a 3G zone, I can still make and receive calls just to be clear.
Yes. It will just place the call over the legacy CDMA network. But you won't have simultaneous voice/data in this situation.

And don't get confused by the "HD Voice only works to other Verizon phones with HD Voice enabled". All this is saying is that the high-definition voice codec will only be operational in that situation. But a call will still be carried over the LTE data network if you have LTE service, no matter who you talking to, and thus the simultaneous voice/data will work.

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
A lot of phones did with the note 4 being about the last one that did on Verizon.
In fact, for a long time, the iPhone was the only Verizon LTE phone that didn't have simultaneous voice/data unless using VoLTE. Now, I think pretty much all LTE Verizon phones require using VoLTE to get simultaneous voice/data.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech