Not sure whether to keep UDP or not

critical_level2

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a 1st gen moto X with the UDP. I am now itching for something new. My wife has a Iphone 5c with 2GB data plan. We bot have upgrades available on our lines. Between the 2 of us, we average around 3-4 GB per month. My wife mostly uses wifi when available, so her data use is very low. I never use wifi as I have unlimited data, but I only average around 2-3 GB per month and the highest I ever used while on vacation was around 5 GB.

I was planning on attempting to use the tricks others have used to upgrade both line and keep unlimited data. If for some reason that does not work, I am wondering if I should even worry about losing unlimited data as I do not use very much each month to begin with.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I would be very careful about doing any subsidised phone upgrades on unlimited plans. There's been many people loose unlimited data because of the changes that happened on 11 15

critical_level2

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I have an update. The wife said no way she is giving up her 5C. Since she has an available upgrade on her tiered data line, I was thinking I could do the following:
1. Get a new phone use her upgrade on her line
2. Activate it on her line, which is a tiered data line
3. Switch the 5C back to her line.

That should leave the new phone free to swap my sim card into and use on my UDP line.

Does this sound like a feasible plan or could I end up losing the UDP by adding the phone to my line after taking off her line?

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
...If for some reason that does not work, I am wondering if I should even worry about losing unlimited data as I do not use very much each month to begin with.

All suggestions are appreciated.
To know if its worth worrying about holding onto unlimited data, you have to figure out how much data you actually use per month, what extra features you have on your account, and how much it would cost to get a current plan with those same features and enough data and compare them.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Also consider not only how much you are using now but how much you will be using in the future. My wife for example was always near wifi and was ok with the 300mb plan. Then things changed and she was away from wifi a lot more. Her data usage went up dramatically.