We have my husband's dumb phone, my note edge, and my Gear S in our VZW account. He has been out of contract for quite a while so running on month to month.

There is a transfer upgrade to another line showing for his phone. I need to remove his phone from our account because he is now using Straight Talk.

If I were to transfer that upgrade to my note edge that bumps him back to being on contract until my contract expiration date, correct?

I don't really want to lose the upgrade but I'm not going to pay for his dumb phone in our VZW account for the next 2 to 3 months either.
    11-30-2015 09:33 AM
    Verizon has stopped doing the subsidized phone transfers on accounts that have unlimited data. There have been a lot of people that lose unlimited data by transferring an upgrade, upgrading their phone, and putting that phone on the unlimited data plan. At this time it is recommended that if you upgrade your phone you sell that phone and buy another one full price with that money from the sale. Everything has changed and there are still a lot of unknowns
    11-30-2015 09:38 AM
    We have my husband's dumb phone, my note edge, and my Gear S in our VZW account. He has been out of contract for quite a while so running on month to month.

There is a transfer upgrade to another line showing for his phone. I need to remove his phone from our account because he is now using Straight Talk.

If I were to transfer that upgrade to my note edge that bumps him back to being on contract until my contract expiration date, correct?

I don't really want to lose the upgrade but I'm not going to pay for his dumb phone in our VZW account for the next 2 to 3 months either.
    His line would be on contract until 2 years from the day you receive the phone.

If his line is off contract then you can remove it at any time. Or if it is only 2 to 3 months then you can suspend his line without billing online.
    11-30-2015 12:50 PM
    Verizon has stopped doing the subsidized phone transfers on accounts that have unlimited data. There have been a lot of people that lose unlimited data by transferring an upgrade, upgrading their phone, and putting that phone on the unlimited data plan. At this time it is recommended that if you upgrade your phone you sell that phone and buy another one full price with that money from the sale. Everything has changed and there are still a lot of unknowns
    I don't believe that the op has udp.
    ShaggyKids likes this.
    11-30-2015 12:50 PM
    We don't have UDP in fact I'm dropping the account from 4G - > 1G data at the same time. I generally buy my own used phones from Swappa. I would just like to save the upgrade before I take his phone off the account if possible.
    11-30-2015 12:51 PM
    His line would be on contract until 2 years from the day you receive the phone.

If his line is off contract then you can remove it at any time. Or if it is only 2 to 3 months then you can suspend his line without billing online.
    That's what I figured. Dang hate to waste it. I'm kind of a pack rat that way. Don't normally buy new phones from VZW unless I were to run across a deal like the one that got me my Note 3 for $50!
    11-30-2015 12:53 PM
    Ah sorry! Misread the post. Like dpham00 said, If the Upgrade is used then it would be locked into a contract unfortunately.
    11-30-2015 12:53 PM
    That's what I figured. Dang hate to waste it. I'm kind of a pack rat that way. Don't normally buy new phones from VZW unless I were to run across a deal like the one that got me my Note 3 for $50!
    The note 5 is $245 on contract with a $245 Costco cash card.

http://membershipwireless.com/46615/...e-5-white-32gb

If you need a new phone no service contract, the Droid turbo is $140 no service contract from verizonwireless.com with code "upgrade".

If you just need something basic, the Verizon moto e 2nd gen was $10 over the weekend, but even regularly it is usually under $50 no contract
    11-30-2015 12:59 PM
    Thanks but not sure this would work. I don't have a Costco membership. Already have a VZW contract on my phone end date in Feb. I guess I'll just have to forego the upgrade transfer and dump his dumb phone off the account. Thanks all!
    11-30-2015 01:26 PM
    Thanks but not sure this would work. I don't have a Costco membership. Already have a VZW contract on my phone end date in Feb. I guess I'll just have to forego the upgrade transfer and dump his dumb phone off the account. Thanks all!
    You don't need a Costco membership to buy from Costco wireless.

Best Buy has a similar deal but I think not as good.

Either one for the note 5 requires a 2 year commitment on an eligible line
    ShaggyKids likes this.
    11-30-2015 01:42 PM
    You don't need a Costco membership to buy from Costco wireless.

Best Buy has a similar deal but I think not as good.

Either one for the note 5 requires a 2 year commitment on an eligible line
    I'm on their website now.. . 01 cent for an upgrade, nice.

Now wondering if I upgraded hubby's dumb phone to Costco Note 5 can I then suspend my own line till 02/10/16 @ no cost billing for my # and use his with the one from Costco? If I don't buy direct from VZW how does it work to get a Costco phone on his line? Do they take the phone # or??? I would need to switch phone #'s first.
    11-30-2015 02:00 PM
    I'm on their website now.. . 01 cent for an upgrade, nice.

Now wondering if I upgraded hubby's dumb phone to Costco Note 5 can I then suspend my own line till 02/10/16 @ no cost billing for my # and use his with the one from Costco? If I don't buy direct from VZW how does it work to get a Costco phone on his line? Do they take the phone # or??? I would need to switch phone #'s first.

Your husband's phone number requires a 2 year contract. You can move the phone to your line but his line is still on contract. You cannot move the contract to your line.

Suspending the line without billing would extend the contract end date.
    ShaggyKids likes this.
    11-30-2015 03:40 PM