LG V10 Promotional Question with Unlimited Data and Plan Changes

dirtdog85

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
While I think I am relatively intelligent in most areas - all of this cell phone stuff makes my head hurt, therefore I am asking for your help. I am a musician/songwriter and regularly collaborate with other musicians while on the road, sending song sketches and demos back and forth. I have and want to keep my unlimited data because of this. I have also been recommended the V10 due to some of the video and audio capabilities. I'm hoping for some help figuring out my options.

I have 3 phones - mine and my 2 daughters on the account. Currently they have only 2gb/month and I have unlimited. They are teenagers, and have begun to go over, but not by too much. I think we are on some Nationwide Talk and Text thing - I am month to month, they are both on contracts until December 2016. One of them is having some issues with her phone (hardware related) and I am thinking of giving her my phone and getting the V10. Here's my fundamental question - I was told in store that if I add a line I can get $300 for trading in an old phone, $100 just for being me, $100 on a card from LG, and another package of things from LG (battery, sdcard, etc). If I add this line, can I take the sim card and put it in my phone (G3) and keep unlimited, flip my daughter into my phone (she has G2), and then put the new line together with my daughter's lines on one of the Verizon Plan packages - probably 8gb/month while keeping my line separate? Then, just pay the new line off and cancel it? Is there a time period for which I will need to keep it - my understanding is that I am not getting a new contract on that line, just a payment plan for the price of the phone - once I pay it off, albeit at the discounted price, my obligations are complete. I know I would have activation fees and however many months you tell me, but that still seems cheaper than the alternatives. I apologize if this is really obvious or has been answered repeatedly, I tried to find the information but failed. Thanks...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta