Transfer Upgrade Question (Nothing to do with unlimited data)

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi Android Central,

I have a general question about transferring upgrades with verizon. I have a phone with a 2 year contract which ends in December of 2016. My father who is on my family plan has had the upgrade option for about a year and a half. I want to transfer his upgrade to me, and I know that once I do that, I will be locked in a new 2 year contract, but I just want to know if our upgrade dates switch? Will he now be able to upgrade in December of 2016, or will he also have a new 2 year contract?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Let's say line a has upgrade, line b is under contract. Transferring the upgrade from line a to line b and getting a subsidized phone would cause line a to go under contract for 2 years . Line b contractual obligation would be the same as before the upgrade(i.e. If currently December 2016,after upgrade would also be December 2016)

SpikeJones

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for the help! I just have one more question. If I go through with this, will we be able to transfer upgrades again in December 2016? E.g., since line A will now have to go under a new 2 year contract, can it have line B's december 2016 upgrade transferred to it, which means line B would be signed up for a 2 year contract?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma