Verizon: Offering 2 Extra GB (again) on XL / XXL Plans

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded from Note 3 to Note 5 last week but I got my Note 5 from Swappa. Anyone know if I'm eligible? We have the 12G plan.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded from Note 3 to Note 5 last week but I got my Note 5 from Swappa. Anyone know if I'm eligible? We have the 12G plan.

I don't think so. They say add or upgrade and I'm pretty sure they mean upgrading through them.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm going to give it a shot. I missed the last one like this by like 3 days, if that. In the interim hubby came back to VZW so we now have 2 on our plan vs. one and we upgraded from 1G to 12G and I now have an upgraded device. All of that should count for something!

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My husband's new phone is on their device payment plan for which I've not even paid the first bill yet. Thanks everyone for the replies!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My husband's new phone is on their device payment plan for which I've not even paid the first bill yet. Thanks everyone for the replies!

You'd most likely get the bonus for his line.. Technically you shouldn't but that doesn't mean a supervisor or something couldn't possibly bend the rules a little :).

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The only line with available upgrade is mine which I just swapped out my old Note 3 for a Note 5 that I purchased on Swappa. Could I do the upgrade but not ever put it on my line? Or if I have to, put it on and then immediately take it off?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The only line with available upgrade is mine which I just swapped out my old Note 3 for a Note 5 that I purchased on Swappa. Could I do the upgrade but not ever put it on my line? Or if I have to, put it on and then immediately take it off?
You don't have to activate it on your line first. Just throw away the sim that came with the phone and put the sim in from your other line.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You don't have to activate it on your line first. Just throw away the sim that came with the phone and put the sim in from your other line.
Ok but the SIM for the Note 5 may be different than the Droid Mini. It's only $4.50mo. I had to get a new SIM for my Note 5 cuz my Note 3 SIM was bigger and cuting it down would have meant cutting into the gold portion.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok but the SIM for the Note 5 may be different than the Droid Mini. It's only $4.50mo. I had to get a new SIM for my Note 5 cuz my Note 3 SIM was bigger and cuting it down would have meant cutting into the gold portion.

I picked it up for $8 ($0.33/mo).

Droid mini and Note 5 use the same size sim (nano)