Double Data is Back!!

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have unlimited data and just received this email... tempted to see if I should do this now. I use no more than 10GB a month and is always nice not having to worry about data usage.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-17-17-10-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-17-17-10-44.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 249

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
That's a good deal. I can go to the 36 GB and save $50. I got on the double data when I was on $150 for 20GB/month and I barely hit 30GB.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm still undecided of I want to give up my unlimited. Once gone, it is gone for good.

dcastillo

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
wow, with my 17% discount, that would actually be tempting since it includes (legally) the hotspot feature that I pay for occasionally..

My discount pretty much cancels all the taxes which means my two lines would run about $120 for 24GB... I only pay $125 now but no hotspot and only 700 minutes that we sometimes get close to... We only use around 10-15GB when leaving wifi on or 15-20GB with it off... Woudl be nice to know my plan is 'set' as opposed to at the moment they are trying to find ways to force us off Unlimited..

not sure what Ill do if that comes to my inbox...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Nice deal if you qualify. Keep in mind that once the promotion is over, that you wouldn't be able to change tiers

DIME_43201

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone managed to GET this deal on the terms stated in the email? I got exactly the same email as Joe378. Called in yesterday to change my plan & spent 2 hours on the phone with sales & customer service. They are NOT honoring the terms & conditions stated in the email.

They say that the offer is for FIOS customers only. (I am currently.) They also say that the double data will be cancelled if I ever drop my FIOS account. (Which I am considering.)

The email says NOTHING about FIOS. The restrictions on their written offer do NOT require a FIOS account to receive or maintain the double data offer. They shouldn't be able to renege on the terms & conditions stated in their written offer.

Capture2.JPG

EDIT:
Just to clarify: Yes, I am aware that VZW is running a double-data promo for FIOS customers. However, THIS email does not say that the offer is contingent on FIOS. The email offer is "Exclusively for you", so perhaps they sent it to me because I am a FIOS customer. However, the restrictions in the email state that double data remains "as long as the line remains active on the XL (12GB) or XXL (18GB) Verizon plan". Thus, they shouldn't be able to drop the double data based on another contingency (such as "as long as FIOS remains active") which is NOT stated in the offer.

Last edited:

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't done it yet as I'm still scared to give up my unlimited. That it total BS about having to keep fios.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I haven't done it yet as I'm still scared to give up my unlimited. That it total BS about having to keep fios.

Same here. I don't use hundreds of GBs of data, maybe 10-12GBs a month, but still like to know I can stream or download without worrying about how much I've used.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I don't use hundreds of GBs of data, maybe 10-12GBs a month, but still like to know I can stream or download without worrying about how much I've used.

I use no more than 8gb a month between both unlimited lines on my plan and nice to not ever having to worry.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I use no more than 8gb a month between both unlimited lines on my plan and nice to not ever having to worry.

My wife uses about 8-10GBs a month but we seldom switch to wifi when we are home.

I could drop the UDP to save a few bucks, it's just tough to get rid of it!

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ditched my unlimited years ago and it's saved us thousands of dollars. That's worth the peace of mind of occasionally watching our data usage for a day or two when we get close to our 15gb limit. To each their own.