I have a nexus 6p on Verizon and have traveled internationally twice with it. It would not connect to a local roaming network either time. Neither Google or verizon have been able to figure out why. I also tried using a local sim card in Canada with no luck. Any thoughts?
    04-03-2016 08:00 AM
    Weird. Try resetting the APN when you put in the new SIM card. Must be hung up with the old APN or not resetting it. Then when you get back home, out your normal SIM card back in and reset the APN.
    04-03-2016 01:08 PM
    It should work with the correct apn settings and local sim.

It isn't a Verizon phone so Verizon would provide limited support.
    04-03-2016 09:08 PM
    I have a nexus 6p on Verizon and have traveled internationally twice with it. It would not connect to a local roaming network either time. Neither Google or verizon have been able to figure out why. I also tried using a local sim card in Canada with no luck. Any thoughts?
    My 6p worked great on my recent trip to Japan(returned 2
    Weeks ago) . I am A T-mobile customer though with a simple choice plan that comes with unlimited international data.My 6p connected as soon as I landed In Tokyo . I didn't set any apn's or anything. Got a text from T-Mobile stating welcome to Japan. And enjoy your free unlimited data. I never once lost LTE connection,even underground in the subways. Only thing I had to do was switch on the roaming data toggle to start surfing and using the Internet. Also, I was connected to Softbank's network. Funny....that it is Sprints sister company I was roaming on lol. It is not a Google issue. It is a Verizon roaming issue with the country your traveling in.
    04-05-2016 03:38 PM
    BTW, I did read somewhere . There was a Verizon issue with international roaming because of the Sim card. Hold I'll look for the link.
    04-05-2016 03:45 PM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=639099

Post#8 has useful information. I guess you need to activate international roaming on a official Verizon phone with the Sim card you intend to use with the 6P. Then after activation? Pop Sim card into your 6P then you should be good to go?
    04-05-2016 04:45 PM
    Good point, you do need to activate the international plan even using internationally
    04-05-2016 09:09 PM
    Im heading to England next week and was looking at using either my Project Fi SIM or adding the TravelPass to my account. This method is the way to get it to work? I read through both threads but no one mentioned unlimited data users either.
    04-26-2016 05:23 PM
    Just got back from Mexico and the phone didn't work again. I activated an international plan while my sim was in an official verizon phone, put the sim back in my phone and nothing. Beyond frustrating.
    05-06-2016 02:42 PM
    My understanding is when you go to Canada you have to manually change the APN settings on your Verizon phones, if you use android phone.
    I know apple iPhone does it by it self you don't need to do anything.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-08-2016 02:54 PM
    My understanding is when you go to Canada you have to manually change the APN settings on your Verizon phones, if you use android phone.
    I know apple iPhone does it by it self you don't need to do anything.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I tried that. I have tried everything
    05-08-2016 03:16 PM
    I tried that. I have tried everything
    Me too 😥 We're on a month-long trip to Brazil and thought I wouldn't have to worry since it's supposed to be unlocked. The APN gets set correctly by the sim, and I've tried everything in this and the other thread a million times. My wife and I both have 6Ps so it's been a huge PITA. Not sure why this hasn't been discovered and resolved yet, the nexus 7 is already out.
    10-10-2016 10:57 AM
    Me too We're on a month-long trip to Brazil and thought I wouldn't have to worry since it's supposed to be unlocked. The APN gets set correctly by the sim, and I've tried everything in this and the other thread a million times. My wife and I both have 6Ps so it's been a huge PITA. Not sure why this hasn't been discovered and resolved yet, the nexus 7 is already out.
    By Nexus 7, did you mean the tablet back in2012/2013? There is no phone under that name
    10-10-2016 05:50 PM
    Sorry, I meant the Pixel
    10-18-2016 07:11 PM