I want something with Duel Core not something with 4G

rmoffitt321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand all the hype about 4G. I currently don't have any serious complaints about the speed of my downloads over the cell network and I find myself in WiFi coverage whenever I want to do any serious downloading (don't watch YouTube while driving please). My complaints arrise from the Phone itself.

Where I do have problems from time to time is with my phone lagging, especially launcher lag and random force close issues that I can tell are caused by the phone. First of all I'll have to say that I still use the OG Droid (I'll probably get blasted for this), but between all my family we have just about every device (Droid X, Fascinate, Incredible) so I understand how the 1ghz processor could help. I also understand that the current version of Android can't even fully utilize a duel core processor but with how quickly technology is changing they will before we know it.

So I want to know why Verizon hasn't picked up a few duel core phones yet. All the other carriers are clammoring to get the fastest phones they can and Verizon is content to put out single core phones at 1Ghz. I know I'm not the only one who was disappointed with all the technology shows since the first of the year. If the Thunderbolt was duel core I guarentee there would be people lining up around the corner for the beast but I predict a pretty disappointing showing now that other carriers are getting duel core phones and Verizon is not.

I will definately take a serious look at the Droid Bonic but since I'm a firm believer in custom EVERYTHING on my OG Droid I definately don't like the possibility of a locked bootloader. Plus what fun is only having one choice. I want to see the best duel core offering from every manufacturer so I can make the choice which one fits me best.

Am I the only one out there who feels this way?

turbofan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
First off, It's dual, not duel. A duel is a contest. Dual is two.

Second, I don't really agree. I have an Evo and using setcpu to overclock to just 1.1 Ghz this sucker is FAST. I don't do a lot of gaming or anything but almost any app I open is ready to go instantly, especially the apps I need like calendar, gmail, etc.

Dual core phones are cool. 4G speeds are cooler. The Thunderbolt HAS tons of people lined up to get it. The second-Gen snapdragon is an awesome processor. I don't know what you're talking about with saying that all carriers are clamoring for dual core phones... AT&T has ONE, T-mobile is expected to announce ONE, and Verizon has announced ONE and it will arrive soon. Sprint... maybe?

It's just not that big of a deal yet. You're right that it WILL be a big deal, but right now it isn't. If you're all hyped up about a dual core phone, you'll have to wait a few more months to get some more options. For now, the newer single core phones will be plenty fast for 99.9% of users.