Is there a reason to keep unlimited data that I'm missing?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been staunchly holding on to my unlimited data for the past several years. Verizon has called me several times recently to try and get me into a cheaper plan and I keep telling them I they can't give me a better plan as some years ago I found some super secret promotion that got me free data. Looking at the plans now - I'm currently paying $85 for 450min, unlimited text and data. But, for $56 I can get 3gb (I never use more than that) and unlimited talk and text. Certainly sounds like a far better deal since they added that $20 for UD. Is there any other reason that I might be missing to keep my UDP?

Current UDP
Line Access Line Access information collapsed $0.00*
Minutes $32.39
Messages $16.20
Data $29.99
Before Discount $109.98
Monthly Total $78.58*

Possible new 3gb plan
Line Access Line Access information collapsed $20.00*
Minutes/Messages/Data Minutes,Messages,Data information collapsed
(Account Access) $36.45
Monthly Plan Total $56.45**

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I like unlimited since I use a lot but even if I used less I do like the idea of not worrying about my usage. For you though.. How much data do you average a month?

otwok

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I have unlimited and am under contract for another year with unlimited and feel very fortunate that I do. Data will be getting larger and larger at some point 3 gb won't be enough.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I have that 3GB UL talk and text plan. It works fine for me and I have been saving lots of cash over the time I have had it. With wifi at home I use less than 2GB a month even when traveling. It all comes down to your usage. With wifi more and more prevalent everywhere it is easy to use less cellular data. Actually the only wifi I use is my home system and still come in under my limit very easily. I like the reduced bill compared to what I was paying. $65 now total to $100 previously per month. $420 per year in savings, pretty sweet IMO. Before switching I would want to consider my usage habits over the past few years. I used to use around 40GB/month on my old UL plan. Then I finally was able to get home internet and that dropped to under 2GB/month of cellular data. After about a year of not utilizing my UL plan to it's potential I decided to switch and start saving. Works great for me and I've not looked back. YMMV, but anyway, make sure of your decision before pulling any trigger.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I like unlimited since I use a lot but even if I used less I do like the idea of not worrying about my usage. For you though.. How much data do you average a month?

around 2/month for the past few years. I could still get 6/month for less than I'm paying now and I'd have to work hard to get to 6gb of use with my current usage pattern.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Only you can make that decision... But to point out that my home Internet with twc was fine for a while and went to crap in peak times. Ended up starting to use Verizon unlimited data for home Internet with the broadband router. Obviously not a common situation, but I am glad that I kept additional unlimited data lines.

Also my wife's data usage went up over 10 fold since she started using a smartphone...

But really it is up to you... If you are sure that you can live with it for now and in the future and it saves you a bit then sure, why not?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463