I've been staunchly holding on to my unlimited data for the past several years. Verizon has called me several times recently to try and get me into a cheaper plan and I keep telling them I they can't give me a better plan as some years ago I found some super secret promotion that got me free data. Looking at the plans now - I'm currently paying $85 for 450min, unlimited text and data. But, for $56 I can get 3gb (I never use more than that) and unlimited talk and text. Certainly sounds like a far better deal since they added that $20 for UD. Is there any other reason that I might be missing to keep my UDP?

Current UDP
    Line Access Line Access information collapsed $0.00*
    Minutes $32.39
    Messages $16.20
    Data $29.99
    Before Discount $109.98
    Monthly Total $78.58*

Possible new 3gb plan
    Line Access Line Access information collapsed $20.00*
    Minutes/Messages/Data Minutes,Messages,Data information collapsed
    (Account Access) $36.45
    Monthly Plan Total $56.45**
    06-29-2016 07:56 AM
    I like unlimited since I use a lot but even if I used less I do like the idea of not worrying about my usage. For you though.. How much data do you average a month?
    Technified likes this.
    06-29-2016 08:46 AM
    I have unlimited and am under contract for another year with unlimited and feel very fortunate that I do. Data will be getting larger and larger at some point 3 gb won't be enough.
    06-29-2016 08:58 AM
    thats awesome price only $80 a month with udp. keep it dude!
    06-29-2016 11:44 AM
    I have that 3GB UL talk and text plan. It works fine for me and I have been saving lots of cash over the time I have had it. With wifi at home I use less than 2GB a month even when traveling. It all comes down to your usage. With wifi more and more prevalent everywhere it is easy to use less cellular data. Actually the only wifi I use is my home system and still come in under my limit very easily. I like the reduced bill compared to what I was paying. $65 now total to $100 previously per month. $420 per year in savings, pretty sweet IMO. Before switching I would want to consider my usage habits over the past few years. I used to use around 40GB/month on my old UL plan. Then I finally was able to get home internet and that dropped to under 2GB/month of cellular data. After about a year of not utilizing my UL plan to it's potential I decided to switch and start saving. Works great for me and I've not looked back. YMMV, but anyway, make sure of your decision before pulling any trigger.
    06-29-2016 02:05 PM
    I like unlimited since I use a lot but even if I used less I do like the idea of not worrying about my usage. For you though.. How much data do you average a month?
    around 2/month for the past few years. I could still get 6/month for less than I'm paying now and I'd have to work hard to get to 6gb of use with my current usage pattern.
    06-29-2016 05:43 PM
    Only you can make that decision... But to point out that my home Internet with twc was fine for a while and went to crap in peak times. Ended up starting to use Verizon unlimited data for home Internet with the broadband router. Obviously not a common situation, but I am glad that I kept additional unlimited data lines.

Also my wife's data usage went up over 10 fold since she started using a smartphone...

But really it is up to you... If you are sure that you can live with it for now and in the future and it saves you a bit then sure, why not?
    06-29-2016 06:49 PM