how do I get out of paying $300 for Verizon Warren people because it was cracked

A

AC Question

I have a virus on my phone and was told by Verizon that I was covered by warranty and sent a new phone. However the they before sending off my old phone I dropped it and it cracked.Verizon never asked me about the condition of my phone and I made sure there are no fees. now I'm being told that I have to pay $300 because of the cracked screen. Oh and btw.. new phone has the ******* virus too. Verizon sucks balls.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, without insurance, the customer will always have to pay for accidental damage, so far as I am aware, excepting certain replacement programs.
What is this virus? Did it reappear after you restored or transferred your personal data to the replacement phone?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What virus is in your phone?

In any event, if Verizon didn't notify you that sending in a damaged phone would incur a cost and the documentation that they sent you with the phone didn't either then you shouldn't be liable to pay the fee. I find it odd because I have gotten warranty replacements multiple times and every time they were very clear to point this out. But, I will take your word for it. So now, your options are to contact Verizon to get them to issue you a credit. If that doesn't work then you can file a complaint with the bbb. If that doesn't work then you can file a notice of dispute per the customer agreement, then proceed to arbitration. Per the customer agreement, Verizon will reimburse you all arbitration costs.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised they were willing to warranty it in the first place because viruses aren't a manufacture defect that should be covered. Cracked screens as well. So I'm thinking you're must likely out of luck trying to fight this.

Last edited:

UDPGuy

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
What virus is in your phone?

In any event, if Verizon didn't notify you that sending in a damaged phone would incur a cost and the documentation that they sent you with the phone didn't either then you shouldn't be liable to pay the fee. I find it odd because I have gotten warranty replacements multiple times and every time they were very clear to point this out. But, I will take your word for it. So now, your options are to contact Verizon to get them to issue you a credit. If that doesn't work then you can file a complaint with the bbb. If that doesn't work then you can file a notice of dispute per the customer agreement, then proceed to arbitration. Per the customer agreement, Verizon will reimburse you all arbitration costs.

It definitely says in the terms and conditions that it can not have physical damage.

Posted via the Android Central App