Swapping devices on lines with promo data loses promo data?

z28marols1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the new verizon plan with 24GB and 8 lines. 2 of those lines currently get 2GB of promo data each from the promotion they were running at the beginning of the year. Verizon is now offering the promo again to me to upgrade a line and while researching a different question about the promo I came across a post where someone swapped the sim card into a different device (while keeping the line active) and that canceled the promo data. Has anybody else tried swapping devices around on a line with promo data? If so, please reply with your experiences. My plan is to upgrade a different line that doesn't have the promo data and then just swap the sim cards around, but if that will cancel the promo data then that obviously negates what I am trying to do.

z28marols1

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Since nobody seemed to have an answer after a few days and I was pressed for time, I went ahead and tried this. As far as I can tell, either the person who I originally read this happened to was full of it, it was a glitch, or VZW changed their policy/system. When I switched devices on the lines, my bonus data stayed put.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie