Droid Warranty

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Hey there. Just abandoned my Blackberry forever and traded it via Craigslist for a Motorola Droid. I must say, I'm very happy I traded. Just a question:

I know that insurance will not carry over to a device I purchased outside of a VZW store, but the phones to come with a 1-year warranty, right? If anything were to happen to the Droid (that falls under a warranty replacement rather than an insurance claim) I could still ask for a warranty replacement, right? That should still transfer no matter where I got the phone from, since the device is not a year old yet.

Thanks a lot!

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Well, unfortunately this is not always the case. The warranty does not transfer owners in Verizon's eyes. So while the device has a 1 year mfg warranty, that is only valid to be claimed against from the original owner. Now this is not to say by any means that you will not be able to get one, because some stores will allow it. Also, having the contact information for the person who owned it before helps, because they can look up the purchase date and all, and that has helped me in the past. It really can come down to a case by case basis, and what store you are in, and who the person helping you is.