Phone exchange

Harry Dunn

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
OK so here's my dilemma, I bought a note 7 when they first came out then the whole recall thing happened so I went to my local Verizon store an exchanged it for an s7 edge for the time being, when the new note 7s arrived I went an exchanged the s7 edge for the new note...... But now I'm wanting to go back to the s7 edge, just like the form factor of that slightly smaller phone. I tried to exchange again in a Verizon store but was told I couldn't.... Is there anything I can do or am I SOL for now?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The first exchange for an S7 Edge was covered under the Recall, as was you getting a new Note 7. However, if you want to exchange the 7 for another phone, now it follows Verizon's own return and exchange policy. I'm not sure how long you'd have to return a new phone (usually 15 days), but I'm sure there'll be fees associated with that (something that was waived in the Note 7 recall).

Harry Dunn

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The first exchange for an S7 Edge was covered under the Recall, as was you getting a new Note 7. However, if you want to exchange the 7 for another phone, now it follows Verizon's own return and exchange policy. I'm not sure how long you'd have to return a new phone (usually 15 days), but I'm sure there'll be fees associated with that (something that was waived in the Note 7 recall).

Ya with Verizon you have 14 days for exchange with a $35 restock fee, which I'm willing to pay but...

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
If, when you got the new Note 7, they processed the exchange as a worry-free-guarantee, then that's why they are saying you can't exchange it as they only allow one WFG. That being said, your exchanging for the new Note 7 shouldn't have been processed that way as it is a special circumstance (recall, and all) that shouldn't have been applied as a WFG. I would call customer service and push your case. All this is dependent that you are still under your 14 days with the new Note 7 of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma