Using a Moto prepaid phone with a regular Verizon plan

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for the double post - I posted this on the Moto G4 Play forum but there's very little activity there, so thanks in advance for you indulgence...

I went in to a Verizon store to ask about the Moto G4 Play, which is a pre-paid phone. The rep (who actually seemed to know what he was doing) said that this was a prepaid phone, meaning I had to have a prepaid account for it to work. In other words, he said that this can't be activated on my current Verizon plan.

Does this sound correct? I can't just take the SIM card out of my Turbo 2 and shove in the G4 Play to use as my daily driver? Then just swap it back and forth between the 2 phones as desired?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Just go for it. Verizon reps will tell you anything they can, for you to spend more money. Pop your SIM card in. See what happens.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I just read that it must be activated on a prepaid account first for a month. The sales rep said 6 months

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You will need it on a prepaid plan first. I tried it and my line got hotlined, meaning the line was locked and the only thing that I could do was call Verizon and activate another device. You couldn't call out or use data

ViolinKnits

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. It took two reps to get the hotline deleted. Activate as prepaid and pay one month, then you can put in your postpaid SIM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781