S7, Pixel, and Z Droid to be $10/ mo on DPP for Black Friday

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will sell the S7, Pixel and Z Droid for $10/mo. The price difference between full retail and $10/mo will be given back as a bill credit over 24 months. Bill credits will end when you payoff the device .

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Have a link? I'm curious about the fine print, because with the $300 trade in credit, the credits don't stop if the device is paid off early. As long as the trade in was approved and the line remains active, they give the $12.50/mo credit for 2 years.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Have a link? I'm curious about the fine print, because with the $300 trade in credit, the credits don't stop if the device is paid off early. As long as the trade in was approved and the line remains active, they give the $12.50/mo credit for 2 years.
this is what it says :

Up to $672 device payment purchase required less up to $432 bill credit applied to the account over 24 months . Credit begins w/in 2-3 cycles and ends when balance paid . 0% apr. Line must be active for 24 months to get full credit.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess "balance" needs to be defined. The balance of the credits (As eluded to with the 2 year line activation for full credit), or balance of the device payment credit. If I had to guess, I'm going with the former and that you could pay off early but keep getting credits for the full 2 years if it's still active.

pbike908

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
I guess I will have to wait until the promo is announced to see how it works. I am confused -- is Verizon is offering a $10 credit per month or is the payment for the phone only $10 per month? I find the latter hard to believe, unless it requires some sort of initial down payment.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess I will have to wait until the promo is announced to see how it works. I am confused -- is Verizon is offering a $10 credit per month or is the payment for the phone only $10 per month? I find the latter hard to believe, unless it requires some sort of initial down payment.
It's $10/mo payment, or $240 over 24 months. $240+$432=$672 which is full retail on the s7.

rage151

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
So, if the credit ends when the balance is paid, the phone can't be paid off early @ $240? A customer will only see the full $432 credit if they keep the phone for two years.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but you'll likely lose the credits is my guess. I don't think they're gonna let you get a phone for 240 and pay it off just like that
Of course you'll lose the promotional credit, but you'll also no longer have a DPP period. Remember, you'll still have that $10/mo charge during that time.

In the end it's mathematically no different than if they gave you the entire credit as one or two lump sums in your next bills while still charging the full DPP rate those two years.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Device payment plan.
Of course you'll lose the promotional credit, but you'll also no longer have a DPP period. Remember, you'll still have that $10/mo charge during that time.

In the end it's mathematically no different than if they gave you the entire credit as one or two lump sums in your next bills while still charging the full DPP rate those two years.
True but you're essentially losing out on a couple of hundred. I see your point though.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The point is that they are locking you in for two years. You can leave early but the loss of the bill credit is the deterrent instead of the etf for the service contract. It's really a genius move.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but you'll likely lose the credits is my guess. I don't think they're gonna let you get a phone for 240 and pay it off just like that

I got a few moto z play back in September for $408-$200 coupon - $300 trade in value for cracked screen g4 which i got cheap. Although that promotion is over. I paid those off as soon as the phone shipped. The terms at the time was different though. That only required me to keep service for three months, though it is on a line I use so it isn't an issue. I already received all the trade in credits from those phones.

Last year black Friday they had 200 off smartphones plus 300 tiv, no term commitment when the deal started, but a three month commitment was added in the middle of the deal. This year they got even wiser and made it 24 month

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I got a few moto z play back in September for $408-$200 coupon - $300 trade in value for cracked screen g4 which i got cheap. Although that promotion is over. I paid those off as soon as the phone shipped. The terms at the time was different though. That only required me to keep service for three months, though it is on a line I use so it isn't an issue. I already received all the trade in credits from those phones.
Yeah, I meant with the new terms. I've done similar things in the past. Guess Verizon is tired of us getting over lol.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The promotional credit is 432 over 2 years. Quit early and you lose out on that. That's a couple of hundred.

So that would mean no upgrading that line either.

I see. I have no plans of leaving them, so it doesn't bother me much to get the monthly credit like this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy