Keep old UDP or switch to new UDP?

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't make sense. My line is a $49.99 udp. I've been off contract for a year and my data rate has not decreased. As others have stated, I'm hesitant to switch my plan to the new udp. I probably have no reason to be hesitant, but I can't get myself to pull the trigger, even though there doesn't appear to be any downside based on my usage. Ugh.

Same thing with me. Once we switch, there is no going back.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
If it saves you significant money, I'd recommend switching.

Well right now I would only save $1.33 per month. I have 3 OG UDP lines and one 2 gig line. 3 lines are still on contract, so it will slowly decrease $60 per month over the next few months. If I stay, my bill will increase another $40 monthly once the new UDP rate increase takes effect. So I will save $100 monthly by late summer.

Forgot to mention the tiered line will now have unlimited, which will make my daughter very happy.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Well right now I would only save $1.33 per month. I have 3 OG UDP lines and one 2 gig line. 3 lines are still on contract, so it will slowly decrease $60 per month over the next few months. If I stay, my bill will increase another $40 monthly once the new UDP rate increase takes effect. So I will save $100 monthly by late summer.

Forgot to mention the tiered line will now have unlimited, which will make my daughter very happy.

No need to switch now, but when those UDP lines go up by $20 each, it might be time to re-think it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I personally would do it -- You might not save money now but you will in the long run and as you said you will make your daughter happy. You also don't sound like an insanely heavy user so I don't see the congestion being an issue.

I can see Verizon eventually forcing people off the old plan. I personally snagged the new plan ASAP because that way I should be good on the price for awhile (of course nothing is guaranteed anymore in the wireless world) :p.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I personally would do it -- You might not save money now but you will in the long run and as you said you will make your daughter happy. You also don't sound like an insanely heavy user so I don't see the congestion being an issue.

I can see Verizon eventually forcing people off the old plan. I personally snagged the new plan ASAP because that way I should be good on the price for awhile (of course nothing is guaranteed anymore in the wireless world) :p.
I did it. We'll see what happens.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to change from gudp to new UDP and it won't let me. When I tried a few days ago, it would let me. I'm not a one bill customer for a long time as they did away with that.

Attachments

• 30437.jpg
    30437.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 30

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Call tech support. I had a problem switching online because one line had a non Verizon device on it. I called tech support. The tech added the device to the database and switched the plan on the spot. I'm sure you'll have a similar result.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
After making the switch I am now allowed to buy a phone on any line using the DDP. This wasn't available to me prior to the switch.

Cringey

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Not to be annoying, but was wondering also what to do.
NW 700 + Classic UDP on contract till 11/17, 2 basic phones one 11/17 and one month to month.
Paying $139 with fees and discount a month.

Once the Access fee would drop to 20$ the bill would be slightly cheaper and less worrying about increases and dropping the UDP. Some people on Verizon forum have said they were able to drop the $40 to $20 early.

I recently self bought a Note 5 for the smart phone line.
The tethering would be a bonus and unlimited minutes.

Should I wait it out till 11/17 and hope they don't jack up the new unlimited further?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Not to be annoying, but was wondering also what to do.
NW 700 + Classic UDP on contract till 11/17, 2 basic phones one 11/17 and one month to month.
Paying $139 with fees and discount a month.

Once the Access fee would drop to 20$ the bill would be slightly cheaper and less worrying about increases and dropping the UDP. Some people on Verizon forum have said they were able to drop the $40 to $20 early.

I recently self bought a Note 5 for the smart phone line.
The tethering would be a bonus and unlimited minutes.

Should I wait it out till 11/17 and hope they don't jack up the new unlimited further?
It's hit or miss on them dropping the extra $20 for lines under contract. You have better luck if those lines have the grandfathered unlimited data. They dropped the extra charge on my unlimited lines but not the regular lines, I took what I could get.

Remember when your grandfathered unlimited data lines come out of contract those lines will go up $20 each line.

Cringey

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It's hit or miss on them dropping the extra $20 for lines under contract. You have better luck if those lines have the grandfathered unlimited data. They dropped the extra charge on my unlimited lines but not the regular lines, I took what I could get.

Remember when your grandfathered unlimited data lines come out of contract those lines will go up $20 each line.

Yeah, thats the other side effect, it jacks it up to $145 with the $80 for access fees. So would be $125 with $60 access fees and then $120 with auto-pay.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc