Do people on tiered plans now have top traffic priority?

Carraser23

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
For example I have 30 combined Gigs on my plan (12gb + carryover+free gigs for life). If I'm on a congested tower and someone else is at their 22nd gig on unlimited and I'm say at 25, I wont get throttled but the unlimited data plan would right?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
In my case the unlimited plan is more expensive but it depends on ur plan. I think the carryover data feature is more than good enough
I was looking at the carryover plans, but with 8 lines, 4 unlimited using 20-30 gigs a month, I would have needed 60 gig plan minimum, the 80 probably realistically and place limits on the unlimited lines, and it would have cost a little more.

These new unlimited plans for me, I actually save $111 a month, everyone now has unlimited with the possibility of being slower at after 22 gigs. And since 5 of my lines are under contract, there is $100 more savings coming thru out the year, $20 starts next month since one line goes out of contract end of this month. I'm looking at getting a tablet, since a lot of my 25 gigs is used as Hotspot, should free up my phone data and keep my price at the $111 savings.

So for me it was a no brainer. I think Verizon will leave these plans alone to, it is unlimited but with the possibility of throttling if tower is busy, something they have been wanting for a long time.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
They are only throttling the new unlimited plan. You can sign up for the old 100 gb plan and won't be throttled at all... If you can afford it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance